How many so far?

I've just finished a big spring clean in my study room which has made me realise how messy I'd let it go; on a more positive note, I managed to get all my chick lit novels together which are now being displayed on my best shelf. I counted 25 so far and was wondering how many the rest of you have gone through. I also noticed that most of them had a '3 for 2' sticker on which means that I just can't resist those bargains in book shops. Are you bookshop junkies like myself? How do you choose your novels, if not? Just wanting to compare notes with the rest of you ...

well i have all of Sophie Kinsella's novels even the latest one, I have 2 Gossip Girl novels, I have 2 Monica McCaffertys, 4 Meg Cabots, heaps of Nicholas Sparks. I used to be a bookshop junkie but because I'm a senior in high school still, it's hard to find the time to trawl through the shops.

I choose my novels by the blurb, although I have this strange habit to look at the last sentence of the ending of the novel, some people find it ruins the novel, but I don't see it as a form of spoiler.

• 2 weeks later...
i have to admit to something that some people will not like :censored:

i sometimes judge a book by it's cover :motz:

other times i go by the synopsis and the author

These days you CAN judge a book by its cover. It's designed to make you pick the book up, which is why publishers pay a lot of money for them. The choice of colours, font, and graphics is hugely important, especially when the author is unknown or the book hasn't had a big publicity push and glowing reviews.

Of course, it never hurts to peek inside and read a few paragraphs to make sure you're on board with that particular author's style.