Orange Prize for Fiction 2009

avid_reader

I am wanting to read all of the books on the list. I am going to start with Scottsboro by Ellen Feldman.

image4293.gifScottsboro

Ellen Feldman

image4293.gifThe Wilderness

Samantha Harvey

image4293.gifThe Invention of Everything Else

Samantha Hunt

image4293.gifMolly Fox's Birthday

Deirdre Madden

image4293.gifHome

Marilynne Robinson

image4293.gifBurnt Shadows

Kamila Shamsie

Edited by joe

Am I a terrible person if I'm not particularly intrigued by any of them *hangs head in shame*? Same happened last year; I got to get a good look at what was available as I did a spot of author-minding at the Orange Prize for Fiction Reader's Day at Liverpool Bluecoat but none of the books actually interested me enough to get picked up.

Then again I find it hard to relate to realistic stories (what weird things that says about me) so maybe I should have a look at the Nebula/Tolkien/Bram Stoker shortlists instead...

Edited by BookJumper

I am wanting to read all of the books on the list. I am going to start with Scottsboro by Ellen Feldman.

I've only read 'The Household Guide to Dying' (Debra Adelaide) and 'Girl in a Blue Dress' (Gaynor Arnold) so far, and I have to say I was really impressed with the latter! Scottsboro is definitely one of the next ones I want to read though, you'll have to let me know what you think once you've finished it :)