Book Depository has free shipping, anywhere in the world!

Maggie Dana

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I almost forgot about the whole thing but then remembered it, 1-2 minutes in, and couldn't resist buying the first offer :blush:

121016102518-underwater-dogs-cover-horiz

And when I went to search for a picture of the book for you, all I got at first was pics from the inside, and was thus spoiled :doh:   :lol: :lol:

Never used Book Depository before - Amazon tend to always have the book I'm interested in, at a cheaper price, and do free delivery anyway..

I can see why it'd be useful for those outside the UK or the US though, and this deal looks rather good (or not so good for the bank balance!).

I like the Book Depository however they don't provide tracking of packages for me (nor a tracking number). I prefer to know when something is going to arrive, so that's the only downside really. Also twice I received a book with a different cover than the one on the picture (it wasn't a big deal as I liked the covers I got better). Generally though I feel positive about them :).

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Book Depository however they don't provide tracking of packages for me (nor a tracking number). I prefer to know when something is going to arrive, so that's the only downside really. Also twice I received a book with a different cover than the one on the picture (it wasn't a big deal as I liked the covers I got better). Generally though I feel positive about them :).

Strange - I'm in Belgium and I do get a tracking number so I can see where things arrive. Maybe it's an issue with your account or something? You could contact TBD :)

Ooh yea - that's hard to keep up with! For goodness sake don't buy them all frankie! ;)

:giggle2: That's a fair warning! In the end I managed to go without purchasing any of the other books. Luckily one has to sleep in certain intervals and therefore manages to avoid x amount of hours and offers... :giggle2: I also  missed some of the offers (not quite unexpectedly) because they were so numerous and I wasn't online to check the site every fifteen minutes.

Did anyone else get any of the offers? :)

Did anyone else get any of the offers?

Not this time. I missed the free Edgar Ellen Poe book. By the time I got home, it was already sold out.

If I´m not ordering used books, I tend to use Book Depository. The prices are mostly lower than amazons, and the search function is way better.

Also, I love the free book marks. I once asked if they sell them too, but never got an answer. The only downside is, that it takes up to 10 days, for my books to cross the channel. :D

There was a free Edgar Allen Poe book? Darn :D

Jep, and that made me wonder, if there´s a free book everytime they do the 25 hours thing.

Jep, and that made me wonder, if there´s a free book everytime they do the 25 hours thing.

I've no idea myself. These things used to be 24 hour things, one offer per hour. But this time it was one offer per 15 minutes, so that was new, too! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed that the Book Depository seems to be a lot slower in shipping out orders these days? They used to process my orders (even big orders of a dozen or more books) within about three days, but lately I've noticed that it takes about a week (just for one book).

I can't tell if this has been since they were taken over by Amazon, or whether it could be something else (just more users, maybe?)

ETA: Maybe I'm just overreacting. I just went through and checked a lot of my back orders, and only comparatively few take a week or more. I guess I'm just impatient for my book!

Has anyone else noticed that the Book Depository seems to be a lot slower in shipping out orders these days? They used to process my orders (even big orders of a dozen or more books) within about three days, but lately I've noticed that it takes about a week (just for one book).

I can't tell if this has been since they were taken over by Amazon, or whether it could be something else (just more users, maybe?)

ETA: Maybe I'm just overreacting. I just went through and checked a lot of my back orders, and only comparatively few take a week or more. I guess I'm just impatient for my book!

Have you checked how long they say it will take them to send each particular book? I think the number of days can vary for different books? :shrug:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...