Book Depository has free shipping, anywhere in the world!

Maggie Dana

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are really great, aren't they! I loved how they made the whole thing into a competition. If I remember correctly, BD chose 10 winners and let the customers decide on the rest. They had the bookmarks on their FB page and you could vote for the bookmarks you liked. It was great fun :smile2: So many great entries, I'm glad I didn't have to decide my favorites but could click on 'like' for all the ones I fancied :giggle:

I didn't vote myself, but I like that system.

I hate those competitions where you have to choose one out of a hundred or more. You'll forgett most of what you saw until your done with looking or you decide on the first ones and those on the last places will never stand a chance.

I didn't vote myself, but I like that system.

I hate those competitions where you have to choose one out of a hundred or more. You'll forgett most of what you saw until your done with looking or you decide on the first ones and those on the last places will never stand a chance.

I agree. It doesn't serve the purpose very well, or at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I was ordering a few books on BookDepo a few days ago and remembered the good advice by Michelle :cool:

Just to say, if anyone's shopping there, could you click on a banner first.. Many thanks! :D

Every penny is a good penny for the BCF! (I made it my mission to order each book by going on the site through BCF :lol:)

Just wanted to remind other people about this when I remembered it myself for once! 

Edited by frankie

I'm not sure if it's ever worked for me, as I don't use 'autologin' and the squigly stuff in the link that appears when you click on the banner (in the URL bar), disappears when I have logged in and am redirected to the index page. Maybe it means one has to be logged in before clicking the banner?

• 3 months later...

I got the e-mail about it and quickly deleted it and hoped that I would forget about it, but now I've seen this and Michelle's banner post and am thus reminded of the sale....  :hide:  Crap! :D

Edited by frankie

• 4 months later...

After my last post I went to visit the website (using the banner link on here! :cool:) and noticed the bargain store, yes. But it's so different from what it used to be, and seems like there aren't as many titles there. It doesn't help that I can't remember what it used to be like, though :blush: I just remember that it was bigger and better! :D 

The site's definitely changed, overall, the last time I visited. In the bargain store section I felt like the covers of the books were sort of blurred. Didn't like it at all. So strange. 

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a couple of books from The Book Depository, the second time I have used their services. Very impressed both times. Fast service and loving the free shipping....Knowing about this site could turn expensive.

Cheers,

Shelfy

^  Just you wait till you come by one of their 24 hour sales.... :lol: They'll offer one book at a reduced price, maybe 500 copies, at each hour, for 24 hours. Sometimes if it's a really popular book, it'll be sold out in a matter of a minute. The offers are really mixed: cook books, children's books, fiction, non-fiction... Personally, a lot of uninteresting stuff, but sometimes there are some crazy wonderful offers! :smile2: And it's always a thrill to refresh the page on the hour and see what they've offered next :D 

These sales come around maybe 2-4 times per year.... Some of us get newsletters from BookDepo and so if we have been paying attention to our inboxes, we post about the upcoming sale in this thread :) 

The post hasn't been that reliable to here lately, as I'm still waiting for two books from Book Depository (just like two months ago when I was also waiting on a book). I've contacted them, last time they were very friendly and provided good service, so I have good hopes!

The post hasn't been that reliable to here lately, as I'm still waiting for two books from Book Depository (just like two months ago when I was also waiting on a book). I've contacted them, last time they were very friendly and provided good service, so I have good hopes!

Hmmm strange. Hopefully the books come soon. I know how annoying it is waiting on a new one to read :P

Well, I still have a lot of other unread books :blush2:, but these were meant to be presents for my birthday so I would've liked to have had them on my birthday. I've contacted BD and they've said they will send me replacement copies, so that's great :). Hopefully these will arrive. I told them I would let them know if the originals were to arrive. Their service is really good.