Ice Hockey

frankie

Yeah, it'd be nice if Sky, with all their sports channels, could find a bit of room to show more live games. I guess it must get very low viewing figures or something, which might explain why ESPN America didn't fight a bit harder to get the NHL rights :(

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

The hockey thread never dies! Although personally, I only watch the world championships. So I'll be with you guys later on in the spring. I don't do NHL or the Finnish version of that. But there are other hockey fans out here, I hope they will join in on the playoffs discussion with you :)

I recently subscribed to Premier Sports so I could start watching the NHL again. I was so annoyed when ESPN lost the deal to show games in the UK, and I was determined not to pay an extra £7.99 a month subscription to another channel. I held out for five months, but dammit it's good to watching the games again, and nice to see the Leafs haven't improved at all during my absence :rolleyes::lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been to a handful - a couple when I was in Toronto (but they were pre-season), and also the opening games of the season that were held in London a few years back, plus I went to see the London Knights when they were around :smile:

Problem is, they've marginalised it here in the UK by taking the tv contract away from ESPN and awarding it to Premier Sports, which I subscribed to for a little while but found its coverage pretty poor, so I cancelled it while the lock-out was on last season, and probably won't re-subscribe :shrug:

The season was so short here because of the lockout, and I didn't get to see any live games which I don't think has ever happened!  Seeing Chicago take the Cup was depressing so I hope I'll be more enthused by the time the '13/'14 season starts.

No love of Ice hockey since 2012  eh?

That will definitely change if I am around.

Has anyone gone to see a game?  There is nothing like it  I tell ya.

Yes I've been to one. I'm a Blackhawks fan (born and raised in Chicago) but now I live in Missouri so I saw them play the Blues. The Hawks lost but it was the best sports game I have ever been to. 

I am a HUGE hockey fan so thanks for posting on this thread to bump it up. Can't wait for the season to start and the defending champs to go for two in a row. Although that isn't likely :D

Some of the Blackhawks players came on stage at the Rush show I went to at the United Center last September, and then the band played Chicago again in June this year, and they brought the Stanley Cup itself along:

:D

Some of the Blackhawks players came on stage at the Rush show I went to at the United Center last September, and then the band played Chicago again in June this year, and they brought the Stanley Cup itself along:

:D

That must have been a great experience !

My favorite game is the Canadiens vs. Maple Leafs. :D

Edited by Wipples