Ice Hockey

frankie

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for the new Finland's supporters :giggle: (Sorry but I ain't going to root for US even if Finland doesn't win, I always root for Sweden if Finland's out)

Oh great, Frankie, thanks! Maybe I should cheer for Norway since you aren't returning the favor and to please my grandpa and other Norwegian relatives :(:roll:.

The Finnish sisterhood, that's right!! Shoot, now I'm really torn :lol:.

(Well, if you'd been clever enough you could've said the same thing to me "what about your American sister??" :lol:)

I've had a busy and bizarre weekend and I had no idea Finland was playing against Sweden last night (?), otherwise I would've watched it. Apparently we lost 0-3, and now the whole of Sweden is in uproar, they're claiming that Finland lost on purpose... :lol: Are they high on crack or something, why would we want to lose to the Swedes??

I watched last night's game (Canada vs US mens) & Canada were ****! They didn't deserve to win & really need to shake things up if they think they can/want to go much further!

On a sadder note, if I was the fans of the Vancouver Canucks, I'd be doing everything in my power to have Ryan Kesler traded. Why should they have someone playing for their team, in our country, who has gone on the record as saying he hates Canada? Send him back to the USA if that is how he feels!

CaliLily you'll be delighted to hear US already scored again :D

We're only seven minutes in to the 1st round or whatever they call them.

edit: What the fuuuu!! 3rd score for US.

Edit: we're 10 minutes into the game and US 4-0. Fuuuu!!!

Edit: At this point Finland had the sense to change goalie.

Edit: 5-0 :D:(:D:(:D

Edit: 6-0. I'm not kidding.

Edited by frankie

It's now officially boring. It was over in the first twelve minutes, and there's been no goals in the second period, which is disappointing for both teams. Finland have done well to stop them from scoring, but they really need to knock some in themselves, surely?

So the bronze medal match will be between Finland and Slovakia, the final between USA and Canada. Should be good. I think both games will be tight, my money is on Canada for gold, USA for silver, and Finland for bronze.

All in all great Olympics for Finland, bronze medals for women and men :friends0: Hurray! It'll be interesting to see which team wins gold tonight, Canada or USA. I'd kinda like to see Canada beat US because US beat us, but on the other hand I'm sick and tired of Canada winning every year so I'd like to see US win. Tricky :lol: But in the end I'm thinkin I'll be rooting for US! Go Pavelski!