Ice Hockey

frankie

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. There are only a couple places online that are showing it. Ooh, I just had a thought. I might be able to watch it after all because the IIHF is showing it & they let you purchase individual games. Be right back!

*Damn! Can only watch them if you have a credit card! They don't accept Maestro. Grrrr

Edited by Ceinwenn

Nope. There are only a couple places online that are showing it. Ooh, I just had a thought. I might be able to watch it after all because the IIHF is showing it & they let you purchase individual games. Be right back!

There's this place in a Finnish netsite where you can watch the game for free legally, I could try to check that out for you but I'm not sure if it will show in where you're living and if there's commentary it'll be in Finnish :/

Edit: I can't find it right now, the link that I'm looking for might 'open' only when it's gametime.

Edited by frankie

Are you kidding me!! As if I would watch it!! :readingtwo:

:D I'm probably not going to watch all the way but I don't mind taking a peek every now and then and reporting, if I can't find nothing better to do.

:readingtwo:

First period just ended, 1-1. I didn't think I'd be interested but seemed like an exciting game, many 'almost there!!' situations.

Edit: Sorry Ceinwenn, Russia scores, 2-1. 5 minutes left of the second period.

Edited by frankie

Czechs weren't impressive, Slovakia's as bad as everyone suspected... I'm telling you, it's Canada and Russia in the final, Sweden and either USA or Finland in the bronze game.

You are effing scary :readingtwo: I was right to say 'professional opinions'.

You are effing scary :readingtwo: I was right to say 'professional opinions'.

I'm scaring myself as well! *laughs*

Maybe all those years watching hockey are finally paying off.

• 9 months later...

Canada seem to be pretty impressive in the ice hockey so far, I watched the game against Switzerland which they won 10-1. I think the tournament will be between them and the USA.

Edited by Ben

I haven't gotten to see any of the action yet, but I always root against Russia. :D No real reason, I just always root for the team they play against.

The Canadians have hockey built into their blood. I hope they do well (but not well enough to beat USA!)

Yay for the new Finland's supporters :D (Sorry but I ain't going to root for US even if Finland doesn't win, I always root for Sweden if Finland's out)

I've just heard that the Finnish women's team is heading for the finals, hurray!!! We'll be playing against US on Friday morning, I guess that Thursday night Vancouver time :( I don't usually watch women's hockey but I might watch this game :lol: