Ice Hockey

frankie

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) In Finland we have this thing called Kisastudio. Usually me and my friend do that with the realityshows we watch but it's good for ice hockey too! Unfortunately my ice hockey loving friend's outta town but hey, as long as there's the thread on BCF, there's hope.

I just remembered the game's already started, Finland vs. the Czech Republic and I watched it for like 1 minute and then out of nowhere Finland made the first goal!! :)

Edit: And it took like 1-2 minute afther that for the Czechs to score a goal :motz:

Edited by frankie

Here's some more details, Czechs scored another one already :motz: 2-1. :) Very unpleasant details.

Edit: 2nd period, 3 minutes into the game and it's 3-1. No comments.

Edit: About 1 minute later Finland scores!!! 3-2 to Czechs. Go Finland!!

Edit: What's wrong with Czechs's Roman Polak and his fists? Two penalties already, he seems to have ants in his pants.

Edit: 3-3!!!!! Finland evens the score!!

Edit: Don't you just hate Jarkko Ruutu? The dude indirectly admits to the Finnish cameras that he faked his little "injury" and so got the other dude to get the penalty. And smirks about it!! He should take his hockey elsewhere, I do not accept this :motz:

Edit: FINLAND SCORESSSSS!!! 4-3!!! 8 minutes left!

Edit: OMG I cannot believe we really won!!! 4-3!!! Happy birthday Kapanen, 2+2!

Edited by frankie

Slovakia.

Germany's an embarrassment. AND they can't be eliminated, that's so unfair! They don't deserve the spot in the Champs with the way they're playing right now.

Slovakia.

Germany's an embarrassment. AND they can't be eliminated, that's so unfair! They don't deserve the spot in the Champs with the way they're playing right now.

Agreed!

Today it's the Czechs vr Slovakia and Finland vs Belarus.

Czechs weren't impressive, Slovakia's as bad as everyone suspected... I'm telling you, it's Canada and Russia in the final, Sweden and either USA or Finland in the bronze game.

Edited by ii
typos

I say 7-3 Canada (Sorry ladies!)

7??? no no no. Finland has a world-class goalie. And it's not Belarus, for heaven's sake! I'm betting they'll lose, but have some respect, Ceinwenn. 7 is just insulting.

Finland's scored the 2 goals already!! :)

Edit: 10 minutes left, 3-3. This is nerve wrecking!!! Whatever the outcome, it's been a really good game.

Edit: It was still 3-3 in the end, then we went to overtime, no result, then the penalty shootout (is that English? My sports jargon is not quite up to date...) and Finland did win the game, but Canada got the group victory, Finland is second.

Edited by frankie

Yep, although the winning didn't feel as great as it normally would've done because we came in second in the group thingie. But, beating Canada only means that we _do_ have what it takes to win the championship, in my opinion. I'm eagerly waiting for the rest of the games.

Well USA beat us on Wednesday and I was so down about it I didn't even feel like posting on this thread. I haven't followed any of the other games after that and didn't even know which countries were going to the finals. I just saw some of the ceremonies for the team who won the bronze medals, so it seems like Sweden beat USA. Good job Sweden and thank you for not letting USA win you guys :readingtwo:

I think Russia and Canada are playing for gold in a couple of hours. Anyone watching? Ceinwenn, are you able to see the game?