The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much have they got now? They only had 20, 000 for the previous film.

I saw the cast for New Moon the other day and DUDE. Heidi and Gianna actually LOOK like vampires. They look PRETTY. And Aro...He's pretty good too, so is paul. Oh my god, PAUL. *drooooool* I think I might actually change to Team Paul now.

I am half way through Eclipse (the first time I have completed 3 books in 3 days) and love this book. The last few chapters of New Moon were great but I did really miss Edward. I would definately list Eclipse as second best so far. I love the banter between Edward and Jake. I have to wait until next week to get my copy of Breaking Dawn though, I don't know what I'm going to do...

Glad you are liking Eclipse, Stephanie! I really liked that one too :) (still can't pick a fave of the series though...).

I waited a bit before I read BD too, and even then I took my time since I knew it was the last. It was very tempting to read it all in one sitting though! At least you can start all over again if you want :).

I didn't feel like serious literature today, so I reread Twilight and something caught my eye... Whatever happened to Bella's fear of blood? It was mentioned in Twilight, but not again? Or is my memory misleading me...

Hmm... should I have put that in spoiler tags? Or no... since that bit of info doesn't really spoil anything...

I didn't feel like serious literature today, so I reread Twilight and something caught my eye... Whatever happened to Bella's fear of blood? It was mentioned in Twilight, but not again? Or is my memory misleading me...

You know, I don't remember her fear or fainting at the sight/smell of blood in books 2-4 either. I guess I never thought of it, but it's very odd! I can't even think if it was brought up

in BD after they finally figured out they should be giving Bella blood to drink when she was pregnant w/Renesme.

Huh.

You know, I don't remember her fear or fainting at the sight/smell of blood in books 2-4 either. I guess I never thought of it, but it's very odd! I can't even think if it was brought up

in BD after they finally figured out they should be giving Bella blood to drink when she was pregnant w/Renesme.

Huh.

I thought it might somehow impact her

experience of being a vampire... But I don't recall that it did.

Don't mean to be a prude, but I said I'd mind this thread, and it's meant to be almost books exclusively, movies comparatively... :)

Sorry Roxi, got carried away, I guess. :) Won't happen again!

She also mentions in Eclipse when Bella cuts her finger with...a thorn?

when Edward and her were going to go hang out in a tent, before the fight, she cuts her finger and she felt queasy, I think. I'm not exactly sure.

I was talking to more than just you, Miss Whitlock :)

I've been following this discussion about the blood thing, but I honestly don't remember it well enough to be able to judge or offer examples. This is what happens when you read all 4 books in a week :)

I think that it is first mentioned in Twilight when

Bella almost faints in biology becuase they are pricking their fingers to find out their blood types. She goes to the nurses office and Edward comes to check that she is okay (he was bunking off the lession for obvious reasons!). She tells Edward that she doesn't like the smell of blood.

The blood during the pregnancy can be excused tbh. Women who are veggies suddenly crave meat during pregnancy. More importantly, and I think I'm correct in saying that the baby would have probs died if she hadn't tried the blood?? or something??

I think Meyer dabbled with too many adult issues in BD and as a result a lot of the reasoning behind her character's motives were lost.

What do you mean, AT LEAST?!

Dude, the Happily Ever After, for me, was the worst bit...well, second worst bit of it all. I HATE Happily Ever Afters now. Grr. And yes, I agree with you. It was such a disappointment. I expected at least to have liked the book, but I just didn't. It was so badly written, so predictable, so...annoying. Garr.

Calm down Miss Whitlock!! :) I have already said way back in this thread somewhere that I hated the ending.

Happily Ever After was a cop out. As was the lack of a good fight.

I would change BD almost completely if I could. I would have liked it to focus more on

Bella and Edward as well as Bella coming to terms with being a vamp. I hated the fact that she didn't struggle at all and still kept in contact with Charlie etc

:) You girls! Just do what I do and read only the good bits from now on. There were a couple in BD, you know :D.

Has anyone here successfully been able to save and/or print the 200+ pages of Midnight Sun, by the way??

I bet all that 200 pages is only like..5 days of Edward's life.

Yeah...sure...there were a couple of good scenes...

The wedding...

..... *thinks for about 30 seconds*.... I got nothing. Nah, actually, I liked the bits where it was from Jacob's point of view. I liked the writing then