The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

Yeah I agree it was too perfect but I did like the moment during the battle where they think it's hopeless and they're saying goodbye to each other and Edward says to Jacob 'Goodbye....my son', I was a bit, aww that's sooo cuteeee. I think it makes it easier that it's not a sexual attraction, more like a big brother than just wants her to be happy.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I liked the goodbyes. And where Emmett and Rosalie kiss passionately. I don't really like the couple much but it made me tear up, cos I was thinking they'll die at the end. Foolish me. And I was also thinking of Jasper and Alice. :motz: I was really worried that Alice would die and Jasper'd be all depressed again and I'll be depressed... :) But yeah, we were all let down by the stupid...ugh, don't get me started again.

Yeah I agree it was too perfect but I did like the moment during the battle where they think it's hopeless and they're saying goodbye to each other and Edward says to Jacob 'Goodbye....my son', I was a bit, aww that's sooo cuteeee. I think it makes it easier that it's not a sexual attraction, more like a big brother than just wants her to be happy.

I didn't like the

"Goodbye....my son" bit - did Edward forget that Jacob was trying to woo Bella for the previous two books? I think Bella was selfish in BD, it was all about her and Renesme and poor Edward was a broken vampire. Stephenie should have left out the pregnancy bit and just focused on Bella becoming a vampire (finally!) and how that changed her life with Edward

Well get on it, Roxi!! What the heck are you waiting for?! :)

Stephenie should have left out the pregnancy bit and just focused on Bella becoming a vampire (finally!) and how that changed her life with Edward

Here, here, Kimmy! I wholeheartedly agree and will say this over and over.

Bella as a vampire was **** anyway. It wasn't like anything I expected :) I was really disappointed. But yes, she did focus more on Bella and Renesmee, which very much annoyed me. It's supposed to be about Bella and Edward's love for one another! and with the "goodbye my son thing.. " I was okay with "Goodbye my friend... my brother.." but when the son thing came on I was like, huh.

And I really hated Jacob imprinting on Nessie. It was UGH. I think I already said that but... still.. UGH.

I have finally got my copy of the first books so I'm going to start reading later on. I can't wait. :motz:

:) Yay, Stephanie!! Congratulations and good luck! I can't wait to hear your thoughts (:motz: I just realized how that sounds when you consider Edward's special talent. I did mean however seeing what you think here in this lovely thread!).

I am obsessed with this book already :) I am half way through and keep getting carried away. It's the nicest day all week and I've been stuck inside reading :lol: I can't wait to read the rest and watch the movie. I now understand what all the hype was about.

I have been reading it all night (I'm not the fastest reader in the world) and I'm just starting the chapter about the baseball game. I love the conversations between Bella and Edward. I really didn't think I was going to like it but I absolutely adore it!

I am obsessed with this book already :) I am half way through and keep getting carried away. It's the nicest day all week and I've been stuck inside reading :lol: I can't wait to read the rest and watch the movie. I now understand what all the hype was about.

Excellent that you liked the first book, Stephanie!! :) You're reading New Moon now?

I'm half way through New Moon and really missing Edward :). I think Jacob is great but all the way through I'm thinking, when is Edward going to be back. It's good but I'm not enjoying it as much as the first book.

Its just picking up a bit (now that it is confirmed about Jake what I have known all the way through). It just seems a bit slow. And like I say, I keep wanting Edward to actually speak rather than in her mind.

I think I liked New Moon more the second time I read it. It does feel strange not having the physical presence of Edward in the middle parts, but I liked that he was still there in her mind telling her what to do and being concerned. Him being absent made the bits in Italy that much sweeter, I thought. You know, something about absence making the heart grow fonder :).

I think I liked New Moon more the second time I read it. It does feel strange not having the physical presence of Edward in the middle parts, but I liked that he was still there in her mind telling her what to do and being concerned. Him being absent made the bits in Italy that much sweeter, I thought. You know, something about absence making the heart grow fonder :).

I know absence makes the heard grow fonder, but how we cope with the absence of RP in the New Moon film *sigh*

I know what you mean, I enjoyed all of the books more on the second read. You notice things that you may have missed the first time.

I can cope with RP not in the New Moon film. In fact, that's motivation for actually seeing the movie in the cinemas!

I simply can't wait to see how much they messed up the second one. Or how much they DIDN'T mess up the second one. Who knows, maybe Kristen Stewart improved since then.