The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

Twilight is a series of four vampire-based fantasy/romance novels by the American author Stephenie Meyer. It follows the life of Isabella "Bella" Swan, a teenager who moves to Forks, Washington, and finds her life radically changed when she falls in love with a vampire named Edward Cullen.
As the old thread went rediculously over 1000 posts, I thought it best to start a new thread with intent to regulate discussion.

Please note, little Twi-hards, this thread is for discussion of the books (or movies by comparison) only.

There is a perfectly good SOCIAL GROUP in operation, for discussion of Teams, actors, and general fangirlism. Please respect the differentiation and use the appropriate place for your intended discussion.

Discussion of the books is encouraged here because it's a very popular series, and it's a popular topic with the new members I notice. It would be a shame to leave them out because regulars go off-topic and make it completely inaccessible, right? :lol:

Enjoy!

Edited by Nollaig

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reading the last few pages of the old thread ...u know ...where u've put all the cullen mens names together and I'm sitting at my desk at work giggling so much I have tears streaming down my face lol!!!

Well I totally agree with how hot they all are and that alice is the prettiest by far !

Keep up the good work all , Making me laugh makes my work go alot faster hehehe :lol::lol:

You haven't read the first one at all Stephanie or are you just waiting for your own copy so you can re-read?

I re-read New Moon over again this past weekend - well, chunks of it! All this movie coverage is making me anxious. I'll probably feel like reading it again before the film comes out though, which isn't until Nov.

Yeah I disliked that all of a sudden she had perfect movement after god knows how many years of being so incredibly clumsy, seemed a little unreal, and then not having the blood/human craving that *all* of the others had, seems silly, she should have atleast eaten one human :lol:

I HATED

Bella as a vampire. Like you guys said, she didn't even have a craving for human blood which is STUPID. I mean, all that worrying for NOTHING. And I didn't really like her power either, the mind bubble shield thingo. I mean, sure it was cool but...come on. Predictable, much? And she wasn't clumsy! I was looking forward to laughing at the most clumsiest vampire on earth :lol:

I was disappointed that the other books was all leading up to her becoming a vampire, the difficulties she would face all for her to be the most "amazing" vampire ever and for the Cullens to be like "Bella you are the best!"

Jacob showed Charlie he was a bloody wolf but we couldn't have him knowing precious Bella's secret. I was hoping she would attack him when he visited (sorry Charlie fans) just to wipe the smugness from them all.

I think you can tell I really don't like Bella :lol:

Edited by Nightwish

You haven't read the first one at all Stephanie or are you just waiting for your own copy so you can re-read?

I haven't read it at all. I didn't think it would be my kind of thing but I've read quotes and reviews on here and thought I would give it a try.

I haven't read it at all. I didn't think it would be my kind of thing but I've read quotes and reviews on here and thought I would give it a try.

You should, Stephanie! If you do, let us know what you think.

The more I pondered Breaking Dawn after finishing it, the more I wished that Stephenie Meyer hadn't even written it! Or at least

concluded the series w/out making Bella a vamp. I think I would rather be left wondering what happened than to have SM ruin it by making it all too easy for Bella. I know that was kind of the whole point and the one thing that Bella wanted most, but it could have been written so much better.

I like Charlie too. I think the whole

'need to know' basis for him was pretty realistic when it came to Bella being a vamp, but it was still written kind of strangely.

I didn't really like Bella in BD. I quite liked her

mind bubble thing as I liked the end where Edward FINALLY got to hear her thoughts. All in all, I think that Bella is quite a selfish character.

I hope you enjoy the books Stephenie.

I spotted someone reading NM at work today, so I felt the need to go and introduce myself although I hadn't spoken to her before. :)

Edited by Kimmy619

The more I pondered Breaking Dawn after finishing it, the more I wished that Stephenie Meyer hadn't even written it!

Same with me. That book was just... I hated it with a great passion. Not as much as I hated the movie though but still. I hated it. I mean, Twilight is supposed to be about bella and edward's love for one another and then stupid

Renesmee has to come along. :) She's adorable and bleh but come on! Bella didn't even care much about Edward after she got pregnant.

Same with me. That book was just... I hated it with a great passion. Not as much as I hated the movie though but still. I hated it. I mean, Twilight is supposed to be about bella and edward's love for one another and then stupid

Renesmee has to come along. :) She's adorable and bleh but come on! Bella didn't even care much about Edward after she got pregnant.

Really? I thought she did. The way I read it was that she didn't care for herself.

The baby was growing inside her and was basically killing her fragile, human frame. Edward loved her so much that he'd rather lose the child than Bella. However, she wanted the oppurtunity to have a child and for Edward to have a child. I imagine that it's quite a beautiful feeling to create a person with someone, especially when you never really thought you could.

However, don't get me started on the conception because that was really stupid haha!

x

I'm not saying she didn't care about the baby more but that she still loved Edward just as much. I reckon it was a bit of a catch 22 which Meyer got herself in. On the one hand everyone wants Bella and Edward's love to be stronger than anything. On the other she throws a child into the occasion. If Bella had aborted the baby, everyone would hate Bella. If Edward hadn't shown how much he cares about Bella by wanting to abort the baby everyone would have disliked him. If Bella didn't show an unquantifiable amount of love for the baby despite what it was putting her through then everyone would have said it was unbelievable because a mother's love is stronger than anything.

So really, Meyer played the cards in the best way. I think if she went wrong anywhere it was afterwards when they couldn't wait to get the kid in bed to have some adult fun.

xx

I also think that it was deliberate, you were meant to feel that she was so attached to the baby, but that she was also strangely drawn to Jake, it's basically the prelude to him imprinting on Nessie and Nessie claiming Jake as hers. I thought it was cute though, when Edward first heard Nessies thoughts :)