The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

I can't wait for paperback Breaking Dawn either! The hardback is just too cumbersome to carry around :D

ETA: Sorry, meant to say earlier, that I wasn't let down, as I think my expectations were pretty low anyway. I knew it wasn't going to be Bella and Edward, or the Cullens, or even the wolves, so I wasn't expecting anything spectacular or revelatory. A nicely entertaining Saturday read :D

Edited by chesilbeach

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hello, this is my first post!

Also, I bought New Moon and Twilight about a week ago, and once I finish reading Percy Jackson (1) and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I am going to read them. Hope they are good.

Welcome! Trust me, they're very good, and it'll be difficult for you to put them down.

I just bought The Host yesterday, looking forward to reading it, but got a lot to get through from my "to read" pile!!!

I love theese books alot they twilight was the first book I ever read, without pictures :P anyway it got me hooked on reading! I am exited for the paperback release of breaking dawn I plan to pre-order it tomorrow becuase its my favourite of the series and I find the hardback very heavy and I want to read it again. :P x

• 3 weeks later...

So, not only do they make us wait years for a paperback copy of Breaking Dawn meaning we've all spent extra cash on buying the hardback as there was no other option, and now want the paperback as it's easier to carry around and won't break your wrist holding it up, but just a few months down the line they'll be enticing us to try and spend more cash on the white version of the books!

See, I don't want these because I like the books. I want them because I happen to adore black, red, and white, and I also love pretty bookcovers.

A white set, with red page edges with my black set would look awesome. Bugger.

I already have two copies of the first three books in the original paperback version - one for home and one for work to save me lugging them around in my bag when I'm re-reading them or in case I finish a book and don't have another one to start during my lunch break, but only one copy of Breaking Dawn in hardback, so have been waiting for the paperback to come out to complete my work set.

Now though, I'm thinking along the lines of Nollaig about how pretty they'll look next to the black editions, or even mixed and matched - black Twilight, white New Moon, black Eclipse, white Breaking Dawn? But, truthfully, I know I won't be buying them, it's just too much of an extravagance.

Edited by chesilbeach

• 11 months later...

My brother brought home all four books to the Twilight Saga.I told myself I wasn't going to read them cause they would not be for me.I was curious though so I began reading the 1st one about a week ago.Now I am on the last.Why do I feel guilty for liking them so much?

My brother brought home all four books to the Twilight Saga.I told myself I wasn't going to read them cause they would not be for me.I was curious though so I began reading the 1st one about a week ago.Now I am on the last.Why do I feel guilty for liking them so much?

I've merged your new topic with our existing Twilight thread as a new thread wasn't really necessary for what you wanted to say :)

I chose to starting reading the Twilight saga simply because some of my female colleagues at work would not stop talking about how great they are! I must admit I read the first three fairly quickly and got drawn into the love-lorn angsty world.... I have to confess that some months ago I gave up reading Breaking Dawn halfway through.... I'm not sure why - maybe I saw one of the films at this point and it put me off! Lol

I will have to get back on the "Breaking Dawn" horse and try again one day soon... I don't like being beaten by books! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Ok so I've just finished reading Breaking Dawn (I'm far behind everyone else I know)

I loved the books so much but I'm sad to say Breaking Dawn didn't live up to my expectations.

Here's why & I hope I don't spoil it for anyone. Don't read if you don't want to know ...

The way Bella was changed.

That all the problems that were against them worked out for the best far too easily. I was expecting some big fight between Edward & Jacob.

I found it a little too predictable. I guessed Jacob would imprint on Renesmee whislt reading Eclipse. I also guessed that if Bella turned into a Vampie she would have a special gift.

I felt once she had been changed the whole thing with Charlie being around her was skimmed over far too easily.

We never found out how her future would be with charlie. She won't ever age for one thing & yet he doesn't actually know she's a vampire as such.

I still loved the books though. I was just expecting a little more from Breaking Dawn after reading about all of the problems that would face them. Cannot wait for the film now.

Feel sad now I've finished reading them. I've got a book sat next to me to start reading but can't face it. Not after been so engrossed in these books for the last couple of months and getting to know the characters & events thats based arond them.

I think Stephanie Meyer should do another book based on

Jacob and Renesmee & their relationship in the futre. I for one would like to see how it worked out for them.

x

Edited by Star

Ok so I've just finished reading Breaking Dawn (I'm far behind everyone else I know)

I loved the books so much but I'm sad to say Breaking Dawn didn't live up to my expectations.

Here's why & I hope I don't spoil it for anyone. Don't read if you don't want to know ...

I've merged your thread with the existing Twilight Saga thread :)

Are you all aware that Stephenie Meyer did a spin off novel from Twilight? It's about Bree Tanner who was the Newborn that appeared briefly in Eclipse and was killed. It's called The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella.

I'm guessing this is old news to you lot. I've only just finished reading the rest of them lol :giggle2:

I'm going to read this when I get round to it. It gives an insight into the newborn life of vampires in a new, fresh way, other than in Bella's perspective.

Anyone else read it. What did you think?

x

Edited by Star

Are you all aware that Stephenie Meyer did a spin off novel from Twilight? It's about Bree Tanner who was the Newborn that appeared briefly in Eclipse and was killed. It's called The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella.

I'm guessing this is old news to you lot. I've only just finished reading the rest of them lol :giggle2:

I'm going to read this when I get round to it. It gives an insight into the newborn life of vampires in a new, fresh way, other than in Bella's perspective.

Anyone else read it. What did you think?

x

Hi Star, how are you? I enjoyed 'The Second Short Life of Bree Tanner', it gave something else to 'Eclipse' it was sad at the end (but we knew that was going to happen) :)

I found the Bree Tanner novella every bit as bad as the rest of the series, but then, I didn't really expect any different and only read it because I'm a completist and a bit anal retentive that way. The only really positive thing I could say about it is that it's not very long!

I really enjoyed the Twilight books but was not impressed by Bree Tanner, I felt there was little or no story, very disappointing.... There was talk of Meyer eventually releasing Midnight Sun which is Twilight from Edwards perspective. It was leaked onto the internet before completion so she eventually posted what she had finished onto her website (I presume it's still there) but I think she may lack the impetus to get it finished now.

I really enjoyed the Twilight books but was not impressed by Bree Tanner, I felt there was little or no story, very disappointing.... There was talk of Meyer eventually releasing Midnight Sun which is Twilight from Edwards perspective. It was leaked onto the internet before completion so she eventually posted what she had finished onto her website (I presume it's still there) but I think she may lack the impetus to get it finished now.

Yeah that's right it's on her website. I haven't read it though.

She says she won't carry on with it now thanks to someone leaking it.

What a shame.

I still think she should write about jacob & you know who ;-)

I'd like to see it all work out for him in the end & we could read about them in the future & see how Bella has adapted & how they're all getting on.

x

• 1 month later...

I bought the first two books, Twilight and New Moon a couple of years ago I think it was, or something.. And a few months ago I was travelling and decided to bring some books to read, I brought them since I never got around to reading them, then I got really into them(: Until I watched the movies halfway through reading Eclipse, and got put off. I'll read it soon though. I can't wait for the Breaking Dawn movie, just wished I'd finished the books first.

• 11 months later...