What really bugs you?

Chimera

People that crunch on their popcorn all the way through a film in the cinema!, it really grinds my gears :readingtwo:

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...........

what bugs me BIG TIME is

slugs!!!!:readingtwo::motz:

particularly those that ate all my lettuce last night!!!

:D I was really confused upon initial reading here.. I was wondering how in the world you sat down to a plate of lettuce in your home, and managed to just then notice that slugs were eating your dinner. Then it hit me.. you must have a garden! ;)

OK...........

what bugs me BIG TIME is

particularly those that ate all my lettuce last night!!!

Slugs are the only things that make me go 'ewwwwwwwwww', there was loads in our old house's backyard, even thinking about them is making me go 'ewwwwwwwww', I am sorry slugs, I bear you no ill will but 'ew' :D

AND.... everybody makes mistakes and carries old wounds, they may not be as deep or as obvious, but they are there. You may be surprised where opportunities and/or help to overcome problems come from.

I know I have made some proper humdingers and keep on being reminded of them by some lovely people. I think they do it as they like to feel superior...... that's their hang up not mine. I know I am not a bad person.

I have no idea the nature of the mistakes you refer to, and neither do we need to, but many people need to be in the place where you are at, in order to adopt a tolerance and understanding of/for the next lot coming through.

I think I am a nicer person to those in trouble because I have been there and done it.... in fact the t shirt is still in my drawer.

Does that make any sense at all. :readingtwo:

I think you made some very wise observations here rwemad. Nothing like a few mistakes of our own to change our "I would never do that!" attitude. And it certainly makes us more compassionate towards other people.

Edited by poppy

OK...........

Slugs are the only things that make me go 'ewwwwwwwwww', there was loads in our old house's backyard, even thinking about them is making me go 'ewwwwwwwww', I am sorry slugs, I bear you no ill will but 'ew' :D

I try to remind myself that Hedgehogs just LOVE slugs, therefore slugs = Happy Hedgehogs! ;)

It's the only thing that keeps the Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww factor at bay!

• 1 month later...

We live near a beauty spot that has almost a million visitors a year. It is at the top of a steep hill with narrow roads and hairpin bends. The thing that annoys me is idiots who drive in the middle of the road and won't get out of your way, and people who don't understand that double yellow lines are there for a reason. I also hate people who can't park properly and take up two spaces - if it was up to me I would make them pay for those 2 spaces, as they are preventing others from using them. Most of all though I hate those boom box radios and little louts, oh and people who don't respect others right to silence (which is the same thing as boom box radios anyway).

Parents who can't control their children in public.... *sigh* I don't know who to be angry with anymore: the kids who jump on the shoe section's sofas, run around knocking things down, make attempts at undressing the dolls... OR the parents who sit by idly and watch their brats making my life miserable. And don't you dare talk to those kids. Oh, no, try that and you become the object of the Parental Glare - reserved for those who dare try to talk some sense into those perfect little angels. :D

I hate people who stare at my partner in public - as if they have never seen a man in women's clothing (if a woman can wear trousers, why can't a man wear a skirt). I just stare back at them - no one can hold my gaze for long !

Parents who can't control their children in public.... *sigh* I don't know who to be angry with anymore: the kids who jump on the shoe section's sofas, run around knocking things down, make attempts at undressing the dolls... OR the parents who sit by idly and watch their brats making my life miserable. And don't you dare talk to those kids. Oh, no, try that and you become the object of the Parental Glare - reserved for those who dare try to talk some sense into those perfect little angels. :D

Oh, oh, oh....I totally second that! You must work in retail. Rowdy, unsupervised children make retail workers' lives hell! I know...I've been there.

Did you know that double yellow lines can be cancelled out if you park half on the road and half on the pavement? I learned that from one or two really considerate people along our road when I had to dice with death walking around them!:D

I dunno if anyone has said this, but I hate it when people have their music on so loud on the train/bus that you can hear it clearly - or they play music on their phone loud speakers so we all have to endure the rubbish they are listening too

Oh, oh, oh....I totally second that! You must work in retail. Rowdy, unsupervised children make retail workers' lives hell! I know...I've been there.

Me too, the adults can be just as bad though !

Bear with me :icon_eek:

When people find out I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and say to me 'oh you should get that sorted', because I haven't thought of that yet.

Like Bethany, know it alls, (although sometimes I think I am a bit of a know it all, so I must bug myself).

:icon_eek: Paula, that is hilarious.... "Oh you should get that sorted." What? Like you might have just thought "Eh.. I'll get around to sorting this out one day." Morons. ;)

And a BIT of a know-it-all never really irks anyone.. It's just the full-fledged version that will get ya. ;)

I think we all have a bit of a know-it-all in us. The ones that used to bug me were the ones who used to come into my old job in an electrical store and ask loads of techie questions just to wind us up - they never did with the men, only the women - idiots !

What really bugs me though is dog owners whose animals are wearing muzzles or barking and trying to jump all over you saying "he/she won't hurt you". Why do some people find it so hard to accept that not everyone likes dogs !

When people find out I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and say to me 'oh you should get that sorted', because I haven't thought of that yet.

This reminds me of how much it bugs me when people think they know everything there is to know about the medical profession and start giving often misplaced medical advice when they hear someone has a problem. I have a rather painful back muscle problem and I've heard every possible crazy "cure" for it...

...or i hate it when people have preconceived ideas of wht a illness is really like or about. Like 'pull yourself together' or 'just force yourself to do things' when it comes to depression. As if it's just another form of lazyness and your just being miserable cause it seems like fun!

I really hate when people find out I have rheumatoid arthritis and their first response is always 'oh but you don't look old enough to have that' :icon_eek:

...or i hate it when people have preconceived ideas of wht a illness is really like or about. Like 'pull yourself together' or 'just force yourself to do things' when it comes to depression. As if it's just another form of lazyness and your just being miserable cause it seems like fun!

I second that. Unless you yourself knows what someone else is feeling, you really can't make a judgement on it or even really give advice, and a lot of people don't realize that.

I'll third that - the depression example that is - very true.

A couple of things that bug me, esp today:

Putting the washing out and then it rains!

Delivery companies who can't commit to a time for delivery so you wait in all day.

Strangers who happily tell you you are hugely pregnant and must be due soon (nope, still got three months.... :icon_eek: )

NicolaJ