What really bugs you?

Chimera

Can't say it really bugs me, but something I just heard which had me rolling my eyes ....an ad for a cleaning product which has "detergent free intelligence."

Why can't they just state things simply? There's a word for over-complicated descriptions but I can't think what it is.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New members who make no effort to read our rules / guidelines! :D

Amen! :D

Another thing that bugs me (an no one take offense, please) is Mac users. They're just so self-righteous! OK, so they paid twice as much for a designer computer...? So what? My brother used to have a Mac (he was always trying to get us to switch), which is now busted. The PC that my boyfriend has had just as long is working fine. Guess what kind of computer my brother has now? Yes, a PC. :)

Having to pay the bitter consequences of a mistake done six years ago and that almost certainly will spoil one of my dreams.

Substitute two mistakes and three years ago, and... ditto :D.

Amen! :)

Another thing that bugs me (an no one take offense, please) is Mac users. They're just so self-righteous! OK, so they paid twice as much for a designer computer...? So what? My brother used to have a Mac (he was always trying to get us to switch), which is now busted. The PC that my boyfriend has had just as long is working fine. Guess what kind of computer my brother has now? Yes, a PC. :D

I'm a a mac user and I love my mac! Maybe because I've always used them but I find them easier to use, simpler. I must admit though the newer macs don't tend to last too well, our original mac we bought when I was about 9 and it was still working a couple of years ago when we finally got rid of it, we had had to replace the battery, and it was very slow (but possibly had always been that slow). The first i-mac is still going too, except that the battery needs replacing, but it wasn't the greatest computer, we used to have to restart it with a paperclip when it froze! The last one lasted I think 3 years until the CD drive went then another couple until the graphics card went, we could have replaced the card but seeing as it was the second repair Dad decided we may as well get a new one.

My laptop I've had for almost 4 years and it's never crashed, programs have occasionally gone but not the whole computer. I had no end of trouble with the CD drive though, I think they tried to use the technology too early really, they still have the same type of CD drives on the newer computers and they seem to work good.

Me I hate when word predicts what you are trying to do then won't let you change it to what you want to do. (This was worst when I was making notes in lectures, I used bulletpoints but sometimes I needed to break a bullet point into several points, but when I used - because I couldn't use two types of bullets it decided I wanted all the bullets to be like that and/or wouldn't let be switch back)

Oh my goodness........... that's worse than a bug........... that's horrid.

I know probably it is a bit off topic, but I couldn't help writing it. It was really piercing my brain this idea, risen by recent developments, that I can't do what I want just because an old mistake,which incidentally I've already paid enogh for.

Amen! :)

Another thing that bugs me (an no one take offense, please) is Mac users. They're just so self-righteous! OK, so they paid twice as much for a designer computer...? So what? My brother used to have a Mac (he was always trying to get us to switch), which is now busted. The PC that my boyfriend has had just as long is working fine. Guess what kind of computer my brother has now? Yes, a PC. :D

Amen to that! My OH is always banging on about how much he hates our laptop & "it wouldn't do this...., or that" if we had a Mac. Well, like the commercial says, I'm a PC. I hate Macs. I used to work with Macs when I was in the tv industry & I hated them then & nothing has changed in the passing years. Give me a PC any day & god save us from the Mac-ophiles!!

I know probably it is a bit off topic, but I couldn't help writing it. It was really piercing my brain this idea, risen by recent developments, that I can't do what I want just because an old mistake,which incidentally I've already paid enogh for.

:):friends0:

I wish you can get out from where your mistakes have led you. If, as I hope, you haven't already done.

:) Keeping my fingers crossed for you too, hun. Although far from having gotten out of where the mistakes have led me, the hole's getting deeper every day. Bleh. Isn't it horrendous to have to go through so much pain for something which you can do nothing about? Makes you feel so stupidly helpless.

:):friends0:

:D Keeping my fingers crossed for you too, hun. Although far from having gotten out of where the mistakes have led me, the hole's getting deeper every day. Bleh. Isn't it horrendous to have to go through so much pain for something which you can do nothing about? Makes you feel so stupidly helpless.

I've written a very wise answer already to you, after the submission the page went blank.Horror (that really BUGGED me!!!).

Now that I'm writing for the second time I can't (and I don't want to) try to remember the exact phrasing or edifying advice I wrote in the first place.

I'll just thank you!

And to Bookjumper: try, while wandering in the dark, to learn from every wound you might have received, so to grow stronger and wiser. The bright side is having the possibility to learn, to improve, not to be mistaken again. If you can breath it isn't over. :)

You have all my sympathy :)

Amen to that! My OH is always banging on about how much he hates our laptop & "it wouldn't do this...., or that" if we had a Mac. Well, like the commercial says, I'm a PC. I hate Macs. I used to work with Macs when I was in the tv industry & I hated them then & nothing has changed in the passing years. Give me a PC any day & god save us from the Mac-ophiles!!

Hey! I use a mac, I love macs... and I dont see anything wrong with it! :readingtwo: Having always used one I do find it easier, and I enjoy not having to bother about viruses ;) I'm not in the camp of the mac converters but please let me enjoy my comp *laughs*

What bugs me? PC users who cant tolerate people using another system :D

(just kidding, you all know that right?)

LMAO!!! That was funny! OK, so perhaps I should change Mac-ophiles to Mac converters, lol. Thing is, I really don't care what system anyone uses. I think most of us like what we are most accustomed to & for me that is PC. For you, it is Mac, but I can't stand people who insist what I use/do is wrong simply because it's different from what they use/do.

but I can't stand people who insist what I use/do is wrong simply because it's different from what they use/do.

We might be able to get along then *laughs*

My thoughts exactly. Except of course a lot of stuff isn't even meant to work with macs, which really bugs me. For example in my school we use the comps a lot with an intranet where we get our schedules, subscribe to classes, program meetings... as well as DVDs with lots of materials for classes... etc, etc. And of course a lot of that doesn't work on macs, even though there are quite a few mac users amongst the students.

But they've solved the issue now. They give (read: include in the unwaivable schooling fees) a PC to each new student. Talk about forced conversion! I'm glad I escaped that :readingtwo:

We might be able to get along then *laughs*

My thoughts exactly. Except of course a lot of stuff isn't even meant to work with macs, which really bugs me. For example in my school we use the comps a lot with an intranet where we get our schedules, subscribe to classes, program meetings... as well as DVDs with lots of materials for classes... etc, etc. And of course a lot of that doesn't work on macs, even though there are quite a few mac users amongst the students.

But they've solved the issue now. They give (read: include in the unwaivable schooling fees) a PC to each new student. Talk about forced conversion! I'm glad I escaped that :readingtwo:

That's the thing that annoys me about macs too, it's not as if they can't code it for a mac, they just don't! At least if you get bootleg you can use a windows system if you need to.

Luckily my department at uni used macs so I could get a mac laptop and not worry about not being able to use software I needed.

........ try, while wandering in the dark, to learn from every wound you might have received, so to grow stronger and wiser. The bright side is having the possibility to learn, to improve, not to be mistaken again. If you can breath it isn't over. ;)

You have all my sympathy :readingtwo:

AND.... everybody makes mistakes and carries old wounds, they may not be as deep or as obvious, but they are there. You may be surprised where opportunities and/or help to overcome problems come from.

I know I have made some proper humdingers and keep on being reminded of them by some lovely people. I think they do it as they like to feel superior...... that's their hang up not mine. I know I am not a bad person.

I have no idea the nature of the mistakes you refer to, and neither do we need to, but many people need to be in the place where you are at, in order to adopt a tolerance and understanding of/for the next lot coming through.

I think I am a nicer person to those in trouble because I have been there and done it.... in fact the t shirt is still in my drawer.

Does that make any sense at all. :D