What really bugs you?

Chimera

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really bad at pronouncing names so I do ask but I'd never ask "why" I might ask what the meaning is as most names have special meanings. My granddaughter is named Sally Victoria. People expect Black Americans to name their children something really "different." We name our children names with meaning. Sally Victoria carries her great grandma's first name and her godmother's first name. Now folks want to know why she's been given such old fashioned names...wth? The oldest was named after his father, the second son was named after his uncle, my brother, the third son took on the family tradition of naming the male Clarence with an "M" for the middle name. This fifth baby will have my first name, her paternal grandmothers first and middle name and because she may be special needs, they gave her the name Cordelia because she will overcome adversity (based off a character on a show they love).

Now, what really bugs me..computer bullies. They have keyboard courage and can only say what they say under the anonymity of a screen. I'll respect you more if you tell me to my face you are a racist, sexist, ignorant git then if you do it behind the screen,