What really bugs you?

Chimera

People not indicating. Not knowing how to drive round a roundabout. Taking my parking space.

My husband asking if I mind him doing something, only to go and do it anyway!! Ggggrrrrrr

I'm going to have a workout to feel better....

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit that many things bug me, but the majority of them fall in the general driving/parking category.

Here here! I don't know what it is about traffic that makes me so upset sometimes, I haven't always been like this. I really really get annoyed when people driving cars don't signal when they're turning, making me stop or wait for them in vain. I also hate those young drivers in fancy cars who drive like maniacs and drive so fast for 50 meters only to have to brake really hard to stop at the next street.

Sometimes I'm so pissed off by traffic that when I stop to wait for a car to go by so I can then cross the street in peace, I become even more upset when the driver actually stops to let me cross the street first. Which is stupid because it's really nice of him/her to do so and I should be glad, but I only get more annoyed because now I have to cross the street quickly because he/she is waiting for me to do it. Really stupid of me, I know :lol:

Sometimes I'm not that easily irritated though and sometimes I do really appreciate drivers giving me the chance to go first and when this happens, I sometimes smile at the driver or might even wave a little or put my thumbs up in appreciation.

Living with loud, messy housemates who rack up the bills and expect you to pay them equally and clean up their mess....:)

Property buisnesses that think it is ok to provide houses falling apart as student accomodation because they realise how desperate students can be and tarnish them all with one brush and expect them to be messy so don't make the house nice in the first place.

Water companies who don't take into consideration some homes are student houses and expect you to pay water for a year when you will not be living there and do not keep records that the house has been a student house for years and it will continue to happen year in year out.

Royal mail, 'we tried to deliver at ridiculous times or couldn't knock the door loud enough' notes.

Having to explain yourself to people who either don't really care or don't need to know, who spend hours asking you to tell them and then go on to ignore you and relish in the fact you are having a bad day etc.

:lol:

Being in a house with strangers or people who pretend to be friends......I want my own home. :lol:

I agree with falling apart houses, my landlords favourite comeback is 'it's fine, it's fine' even when the wall was falling apart :) it's alright for him, he lives in a literal mansion. Then selfish housemates, this guy i live with is on benefits constantly (wth??), now owes five months rent, and wastes power like nothing, pretty annoying! :lol:

Paintball would be fun! :lol:

Staying on topic, i hate when you get shot five times in the back of the head during paintball haha.

I agree with falling apart houses, my landlords favourite comeback is 'it's fine, it's fine' even when the wall was falling apart :lol: it's alright for him, he lives in a literal mansion. Then selfish housemates, this guy i live with is on benefits constantly (wth??), now owes five months rent, and wastes power like nothing, pretty annoying! :lol:

I know it's stupid, my house is non-stop problems. I thought I'd get away from it for a bit by staying at bf's but I get a phone call during lectures saying the boiler has bust we have no hot water and the boiler in at the back of your wardrobe..:) I have to go back and pull everything out because they don't have a spare key for my door for one and oh its just typical, always something getting fixed....grrr.

Edited by chrysalis_stage

Argh!! That sounds like a nightmare. Some people are so inconsiderate and landlords just not bothered as long as they get money.

:lol:

Like, when i first moved in, everything went wrong possible :) Shower didn't work, house was a total mess, two holes in the ceilings over the year with water pouring in spectacularly, fuses blown, cooker not working, walls falling apart, student living can be terrible, but i'd take a dodgy house over student uni accomodation anyday that's for sure. I hope it's not too bad until you get to leave!

Paintball would be fun! :)

Staying on topic, i hate when you get shot five times in the back of the head during paintball haha.

*shakes head* Glad you caught yourself on time sir! Talking of FUN things in my moaning thread ?? Please let us all rant in peace without distracting positive thoughts :lol:

:lol::lol:

*shakes head* Glad you caught yourself on time sir! Talking of FUN things in my moaning thread ?? Please let us all rant in peace without distracting positive thoughts :lol:

:):lol:

:lol:...

Loads of things bug me, but the most annoying things are:

1. public toilets without soap - hate this !

2. loud music in cars

3. inconsiderate parking

4. websites with music that you can't switch off

5. lateness

Loads more, but these are the important ones.

I have one main thing at the moment...

I'm in another forum, where I make banners as signatures for people. My shop is currently closed for requests while I finish the gazillion that I need to complete. But there are some members who don't seem to understand that all I do throughout the day, is not make banners, so I cannot work as fast as they seem to want me to, and I'm backed up with orders. That means, that they need to stop poking their heads into my shop and posting every five minutes "When can I place an order?" Honestly, is patience such a difficult concept to grasp?

Alright, done ranting. I do feel better.

I don't mind phone calls so much, Gyre, but I hate it when people play music from their phones without using headphones, for some reason it always seems to be people with bad taste in music too

Oh I hate that too Lucy, it is so annoying :lol:

I am just an absolute grouch :lol: what really bugs me if people having full on conversation on their mobile/cell phones on public transport! I had to listen to this woman's 'warts and all' conversation on the bus one day, I really regretted leaving my mp3 player at home that day :)

I remember my friend getting really cross with someone on the bus who was having a conversation on their phone at the time The Sixth Sense had just come out in the cinema, and giving away the twist at the end to everyone on the bus. I think her comment to me was "What's wrong with people??!!!" which has become a staple of our conversations now!

I remember my friend getting really cross with someone on the bus who was having a conversation on their phone at the time The Sixth Sense had just come out in the cinema, and giving away the twist at the end to everyone on the bus. I think her comment to me was "What's wrong with people??!!!" which has become a staple of our conversations now!

:lol:What is wrong with people? :)

people who knock into you and don't have the manners to apologise, who just because they're 30 years older than me think they're "elderly" and should be given my seat when I've got a mangled leg and it kills me to stand up on the bus, who insist on playing their "music" out loud on the same bus thus giving me a headache, who before you in a huge supermarket queue will not let you through when you're only got one count it one item, bus drivers who don't know where their service stops... I could continue.

Haha, I agree with all those things apart from mayble the "it kills me to stand up on a bus part". I have no physical pain so have no problems standing up.

Buses cause me so much annoyance. Damn my inability to pass my driving test haha!

On another note I work in a shop and so I have several "general public" annoyances. The first is when three people come through my check out with one lot of stuff and I ask "would you like a bag?" and they say yes and then watch and tut and mutter whilst I scan everything and then bag everything, when one of them was capable of giving me a hand.

The other is people who come to my checkout on the phone and when I ask questions such as "would you like a bag?" do hand motions to silence me. The same applies to people with mp3 players on.

They are really my biggest gripes ever.

x