What really bugs you?

Chimera

Ok, I'm afraid I'm going to be a mood spoiler/ whiner here so feel free to ignore me.

I was reading the "What makes you happy?" thread and trying to come up with an answer but I'm really not in the mood for it... Instead I was wondering what are the small things which really bring you down... You know, the silly, random things which can spoil a few hours for you? (told you I wasn't in a cheerful mood didn't I?)

The purpose isn't JUST to rant (though a little foot stomping never hurt anybody, did it?), but I think getting them out of our system might help! *laughs*

So, I'll start. Two things which annoy the hell out of me are:

- my television connection misteriously disapearing just for the end of a film... and reappearing for the generic (happens in 9/10 cases)

- my mobile buzzing when I'm hoping for a call from a friend...only to discover an sms from my line provider

Anyone else got silly things bugging them?

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really silly, but it totally bugs me when people don't indicate properly at roundabouts.

And it is tremendously annoying when one is driving and someone in the seat behind you either sneezes or coughs without covering their mouth and you can feel it go all over your freshly shaved head!

Aaaaaaarrrrrrghh!

:lol:

He he he...

Can I just say that we previously had a thread like this, and it actually caused some upset. All I ask is that you think before you post, and take care not to post anything that may upset someone else. Thank you... :lol:

Oh, I didn't know (or remember?) that Michelle, sorry. I'm certainly not trying to upset anyone... Just to rant my annoyance off and hopefully letting others do do as well *laughs*

I'll be careful.

I always feel down when I get some bad news from back home and there's nothing I can do, I'm too far away and I don't have the money to get back. When someone is rude for no reason, when people barge in front of me (happens a lot here, drives me mad), when a song or something random reminds me of someone I miss, and really looking forward to a book and then it being absolutely terrible.

people who knock into you and don't have the manners to apologise, who just because they're 30 years older than me think they're "elderly" and should be given my seat when I've got a mangled leg and it kills me to stand up on the bus, who insist on playing their "music" out loud on the same bus thus giving me a headache, who before you in a huge supermarket queue will not let you through when you're only got one count it one item, bus drivers who don't know where their service stops... I could continue.

Ooh, good one! I absolutely hate that too. Anything we can do to help? Maybe a brainstorming for potential discussion points? :lol:

Feel free to make suggestions.

We'll be careful Michelle, there's enough people posting here already that I know are smart enough to watch how things are going. :lol:

- I hate having no chocolate!!!! :lol::)

Elderly drivers who don't have the confidence to drive, let alone go over 40 mph, even on the motorway! and insist on staying in the fast lane! I think they can be just as dangerous as boy racers :lol:

Lots of things: standing at the bus stop for an hour and a half and the bus not turning up, annoying loud chavs on the bus, people who walk slow, when my new handbag breaks :lol:, chavs who hang around my local shop asking you to get them some cigs, late night lectures, chavs in general. I could go on...

Some random ones:

- Ridiculously expensive bills!!

- Ignorant people or narrow-mindedness i can't do with

- My laptop freezing continuously

- Greed/selfishness

- When gravy doesn't mix properly and it gets lumps :lol:

At the moment I am annoyed because a girl from Uni keeps phoning me, and I bet it is because she needs help with the assignments (I haven't dared answer yet). Normally I would help, but in this case the girl is somone I really don't like (and I know she doesn't like me either and her and her mates bullied me!) so really why should I help? :lol:

In case you was wondering, we worked on a group project and had to fill out a learning contract with contact details so I had no choice but to give my number, but the project is over so she really shouldn't have it stored still.

Impatient people. I work in ther service industry & it never ceases to amaze me how annoyed people can get if someone hasn't jumped to serve them the minute they walk into the room - god forbid they should actually wait more than a minute!

Feel free to make suggestions.

haha, well without knowing what kind of person it is it isn't that easy *laughs* But I'll give it a shot:

- if you want to go for safe and easy:books, the latest film you saw, your upcoming trip to england

- for serious, probably depressing, conversation: any topic taken out of the day's paper's frontpage

- for random: chocolate, things that bug you, twilight, favourite cookie varieties and their assorted drinks

- for heart to hearts: life projects, TBR pile

... anything inspiring? :lol:

I must admit that many things bug me, but the majority of them fall in the general driving/parking category. Lack of signaling, pulling out in front of me when there are no cars behind me, and not knowing how to obey a yield sign. Parking crooked in a parking lot bugs me immensely, or parking so close to the line that you can't park next to them for fear of getting your door dinged.

Oh, and discovering I'm out of cream when I've just poured a steaming hot cup of coffee! :lol:

I am just an absolute grouch :lol: what really bugs me if people having full on conversation on their mobile/cell phones on public transport! I had to listen to this woman's 'warts and all' conversation on the bus one day, I really regretted leaving my mp3 player at home that day :)

I am just an absolute grouch :) what really bugs me if people having full on conversation on their mobile/cell phones on public transport! I had to listen to this woman's 'warts and all' conversation on the bus one day, I really regretted leaving my mp3 player at home that day :lol:

Oh I hate that too. Or people who insist on talking really loudly on the bus. I was once on the bus and there was this chav girl telling her friend that her fella didn't believe the little kiddy she had in the trolley was his and that he wanted a dna test. Really who cares? No-one so shut up!! I thought I was in the audience for Jeremy Kyle...:lol:.