A moody question...

Hello everybody,

Just wanted to ask the rest of you about something that's been bugging me for a while. Do you find yourselves in a particular mood after finishing a Chick Lit novel?? I'm usually quite upbeat and, in fact, feel disappointed if I don't achieve that. What's the general impression on this?

Most of the time when i've just finished a book I'm left thinking - wow I really enjoyed that , I think I'll read another of hers ,

only a few times I've been left thinking - wow that was good BUT I really hope there's going to be a follow up book because it's left the end wide open and not quite finished.

There was one book I really enjoyed and I wanted to know what would happen to the characters of this book, so I sent an email to the author congratulating her on such a brilliant book but whether she was doing a follow up to it and she said that she had no plans to do it but who knows what could happen in the future.

I don't think I've been disappointed in a book before because if they're not going anywhere then I just stop reading it and move onto a better one.

Edited by Maureen
Added capital letters!

I see. So, Kaz80, maybe you just want a particular ending??? I kind of see what you mean. What about a sense of expectancy to see if the book sort of gets better? Some novels are just slow to get going, aren't they? For instance, do you think that some of Marian Keyes's stuff is just too long??

I want to be left satesfied or just wishing it had went on a little longer, just read that back and it sounds very rude! :roll: But that is how I want to be at the end of any book. My mood dictates what type of book I may choose to read tho.!

Edited by Maureen
Added capital letters!

I see. So, Kaz80, maybe you just want a particular ending??? I kind of see what you mean. What about a sense of expectancy to see if the book sort of gets better? Some novels are just slow to get going, aren't they? For instance, do you think that some of Marian Keyes's stuff is just too long??

unfortunately i haven't read any of Marian Keyes books yet but she is on my very long to read pile, i don't mind a book being long as long as it's a good read. It can be 1000 pages long and i'd still read it if it was an enjoyable book :)

But i think you're right i think i might like a certain ending, especially happy endings but i also like the story to be finished , when i get into a good book i feel like i'm actually there inside it so i like to know how the characters lives will pan out , as if they were my friends. Does that make sense ? :D

I've got so many books that i would like to read that i don't mind putting a book down if i can't get into it, i don't just read the first few pages and think " nothing has happend lets find a quicker book" i tend to know when i'm not going to get into a book because it'll take me about 10 minutes to read 1 page because i keep reading the same line over and over again and then i've forgotten what i've just read .

I will look forward to reading Marian Keyes books though as i've heard alot of good comments about her. :smile2:

I always find I am in a good mood when i have finished a good chick lit book. Like the others say I like it to be finished and be sure how the characters lives are going to pan out. :D

Recently read 10 reasons not to fall in love by Linda Green and found i really got into the book and connected with the characters so well I was really happy with how it ended and felt really pleased for the characters and the way everything turned out :)