The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Raven

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed it was on the reserved shelf at my Local library! :friends0: I was really shocked we never get a book in that quick! I suppose they new people would want to read it straight away!

There is no point reserving it as I know that someone will get it for me for Christmas.

I got this book yesterday in the mail, I think the delivery was rather quick! It's a huge book, over 500 pages =O I haven't started it yet though, I'm trying to get off my post-Sookie Blues first so I can then truly appreciate Brown's hectic writing! :friends0:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I love Dan Brown books. They may not ever win any Nobel prize for literature, but they have something completely else. Mystery and cliffhangers. I am a sucker for those types of books. I love how he mixes real things (cities, schools, buildings, religions, corporations etc) with fiction. It makes it more interesting to read in my opinion.

I am halfways into The Lost Symbol. I started almost a week ago now. I usually don

Bonfire for me. Not one I would read. The Da vinci Code was so overrated is was a disappointment after all that hype and the film was not very good either. I guess this book will be the same.

Ditto. I couldn't get through the book, I watched the film, and ages lagter thought I'd read the DaVinci Code, too see what everyone was on about, but seriously. Got so bored wit it after what, not even 100 pages. One of the few books ever I didn't finish.:roll:

My husband is not a big reader but he whizzed through this book, reading it in a matter of days. He said it was good but that he found the ending a bit strange. I think I'll have to read it now seeing how fast he managed it.

I got given this for Xmas, so I hope I like it, they are the sort of books I wizz through even though I have only read the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons and I was not that impressed by the later. But I am interested in the freemasons, even though I will admit that I do not know as much as I would like so I am hoping this is good.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I am in the minority.:D Every so often, I love to get lost in a good story - no thinking, no analysing, taking every word as it comes and granting it to the author without argument. Dan Brown's books fit this bill for me.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Lost Symbol and basically read it through in one sitting. I think it has some interesting concepts. That is all. Wanna bet someone in Washington DC is making a mint by having LS tours :roll: