Your sports

Polly

What sports do you do personally?

I'm a second dan black belt in judo, blue belt in Taekwondo and Yellow belt in Karate. But I mostly focus on karate as I've achieved so much in it already. I train with the central region karate squad (a kata squad).

The main difference, Kung Fu is Chinese, and Karate is Japanese. Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee mainly use Kung fu. Chuck Norris and Jean-claude Van-damme mainly use Karate, that's the explanation I usualy give anyway, but occaisionaly someone will ask me about my black belt in Karate, I just nod my head in agreement, even though it's in Kung Fu.

I like to do a bit of road running too, keeps me fit and the only person I'm really competing with is myself.

Unfortunately I pretty much don't play any sports anymore. When I was at school I was a good junior tennis player and also played cricket and football. I trained for Boxing without ever actually fighting.

Nowadays I am more of a watcher. I run a lot, that is about it.

I used to play football, badminton, cricket and some athletics very often. I am quite active with exercise and such, i do a lot of running too. I want to get into tennis properly in the next few years, would love to learn karate and wouldn't mind a game of football with my friends every now and then :)

• 1 month later...

I tried some things : karate (at school), swimming (only went about a couple of times), kung fu (would love to start again this summer), basketball (quitted recently), I play football with my friends sometimes and we planned to go kick boxing together, also am thinking about swimming too,

does walking to the kitchen a lot count?:)

I hate sport.

Roxi, you're a legend. :lol:

I had the nickname 'Allsports' at school.

Because I was rubbish at all sports. :she:

:she::lol:

Girl after my own heart.

Roxi, you're a legend. :lol:

Why thank you!

I wasn't *useless* at sports, until I was 16 I was a skinny little thing who could run as fast as most of the boys in school (who had the advantage of longer legs). But I'm not a team player, at all. I was good at volleyball, because whereas other people hurt their hands, I imagined the heads of various people while thwacking the ball.

I have never been that much into sport either - I have always been more artistic than sporty. I used to dread PE at school, as I was always the last to be chosen. Now that I have left school (more years ago than I care to remember) I have found other ways to keep fit that don't involve team sports - things like Tai Chi and going for a long walk - I have always been a walker and very much the outdoors type.

I don't do Tai Chi anymore although I did for about a year. After we moved there weren't any classes in this area, and I never went back to it. I do walk a lot though and make the effort to go to the gym at least twice a week. I have been making more of an effort lately, and going every other day - I have an appointment with one of the trainers on Friday to work out a new routine.

Edited by Talisman

But I'm not a team player, at all. I was good at volleyball, because whereas other people hurt their hands, I imagined the heads of various people while thwacking the ball.

:lol: I am the same, I prefered games in which I was responsible for myself not for my team members, for example tennis, badminton (although not amazingly good, but fun) running, circuit training or any gym stuff because I had no end of 'oh sarah why did you miss the ball' (when it is only a stupid game) etc, :lol: I loved hockey though because I had a weapon. :she: The only group game I enjoyed alot was lacrosse.

I have never been that much into sport either - I have always been more artistic than sporty.

Snap! :smile2: Art beats sport any day!

Only sporty stuff I do these days is walking everywhere, I walk alot, my poor feet, love hillwalking too.

• 1 month later...

I used to play netball at school and played foootball at University.

Now i don't do much apart from walking everywhere and bike rides with the kids (when it is not raining). I want to try and get back into rollerblading again but I just don't get the time.

Oh and of course I play Wii Sports does that count? hehe.

I LOVE sports. My number one passion in life.

I have played hockey, baseball, basket and I got my yellow belt in Karate (one level above beginner, watch out :lol:).

That was when I was younger, now I don't have the time or the money. Now I lift weights and run. I do play the odd game of pick-up hockey or basketball.

I mainly have to just settle now for watching sports.

I LOVE sports. My number one passion in life.

I have played hockey, baseball, basket and I got my yellow belt in Karate (one level above beginner, watch out :lol:).

That was when I was younger, now I don't have the time or the money. Now I lift weights and run. I do play the odd game of pick-up hockey or basketball.

I mainly have to just settle now for watching sports.

LOL, same here. The best way to enjoy sports though for sure!

LOL, same here. The best way to enjoy sports though for sure!

That is so true :lol:

I find I am really critical now tho. I forget how hard some these sports really are. Once you've played the sport, it makes you appreciate the talent some of these athletes have.

That is so true :lol:

I find I am really critical now tho. I forget how hard some these sports really are. Once you've played the sport, it makes you appreciate the talent some of these athletes have.

Oh yeah for sure.

Boxing is the biggest one for that in my case I think. I will sit there and criticise fighters constantly with my mates, forgetting my own, shall we say, less than magnificent, ring career.

• 1 month later...

I try to hit the gym everyday ....that's about as athletic as I get but my boys are very athletic. My oldest is a competative swimmer, in fact he just competed at the Canada Games last month and my youngest is the running back for his football team at high school.