Paulo Coelho - The Winner Stands Alone

aarthilal

THE WINNER STANDS ALONE is a masterpiece: it talks about values lost and never found again. It looks like a thriller, but it is not - the characters are trapped and manipulated by the people Coelho calls "The Superclass". Once more Coelho made it. And I also believe Coelho is one of the few writers that are always exploring unknown seas, instead of repeating the same plot over and over again. Kudos to him.

Edited by Michelle
title improved for searching

I'm afraid I didn't enjoy this one. I was expecting a thriller, so perhaps that is why I was so disappointed.

It was more of an observation of the super rich than anything else, and I didn't get anything from it. The characters annoyed me, and the plot was a bit far fetched.It just wasn't for me I'm afraid.

• 11 months later...

This is one of the books forming a huge pile on my desk,waiting to be read.And being a Paulo fan of course I'm looking forward to it,but I have to say I wasn't very amused with the subject he wrote about here,and reading the previous comment,well,that just scares me even more :/ But I'm still hoping Paulo will surprise me as always :smile2: