Disordered Minds - Minette Walters

Shell Seekers - Rosamunde Pilcher

The God of Small Things - Arundati Roy

Blackberry Wine - Joanne Harris

Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married - Marian Keyes

Killing Me Softly - Nicci French

Marrying the Mistress - Joanna Trollope

The European Job - Jonathan Booth

Mrs Murphy Hires a Cleaner - can't remember the author!

No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith

Over Hill and Dale - Gervaise Phinn

An Equal Music - Vikram Seth - it wasn't a page turner, and I felt he waffled too much for my taste.

Angela's Ashes - Frank McCourt

Kate Hannigan..........Catherine Cookson.......its been ages since I last read a Catherine Cookson book, took this on my hols and really enjoyed it

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.........JK Rowling.......another one I took on hol and I loved it! Can't wait to read all the others now :lol:

Second Wind...........Dick Francis

Angels & Demons.......Dan Brown.....I found it quite slow and a bit boring at the beginning but it livened up a lot towards the end......its a mix of religion, science, murder mystery, a bit of romance with a few twists and turns......would make a great film!

Chocolat..........Joanne Harris........I loved it....this is the 2nd JH book I've read and, like Blackbery Wine, it took me a while to get involved enough to care about the characters. Its a lovely tale of a single mother opening up a chocolate shop (yummmmmyyyyy) in a small French town and how she seems to alter peoples lives slowly, but not everyone (particularly the local priest) is happy that she's there.

The Aristocrats .......... Stella Tillyard

Any Human Heart .........William Boyd

My Life as a Fake ......... Peter Carey

Along Came A Spider......... James Patterson

Tristram Shandy............... Laurence Sterne

Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets ........ JK Rowling

The Visitor...................... Lee Child

The Tea House on Mulberry Street.........Shirley Owens

Amanda's Wedding................. Jenny Colgan

One False Move ................. Harlan Coben

Falling Angels .................... Tracy Chevalier

Notes From A Small Island ............ Bill Bryson

The Ice House .................. Minette Walters

Mort ............................... Terry Pratchett

Tara Road ........................ Maeve Binchy

Double Deal ...................... Jenny Pitman

The books I'm reading at the moment -

Trixie Trader - Helen Dunne

One For The Money - Janet Evanovich

Favourite book - Harry Potter & the Philosophers Stone

Least Favourite - No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency

Books to read -

Two for the Dough - Janet Evanovich

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon

Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd

Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Playing the Moldovans at Tennis - Tony Hawks

Carole

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I've nearly finished the first book in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich 'One For The Money' and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it.

Quite a few people recommended these books to me but I've avoided reading them for a long time as I didn't think they were my type of book........how wrong I was!

Stephanie Plum lost her job, had to sell her car and most of her possessions to pay the rent when she was persuaded to ask her cousin Vinny for a job and ends up being a bounty hunter! I know it sounds far-fetched and, to be honest, it is but Stephanie Plum is a girl with guts and imagination. In parts it is very very funny but it can also be quite scary, especially when she attracts the attention of a psycopathic boxer! ;) She finds herself in a few scrapes (like being handcuffed naked to her shower rail by the man she is looking for!) but she always manages to extracate herself.....with a little help from her friends.

I noticed that my local library has most of the series on their shelves, I'm really looking forward to reading them all. :roll:

Carole

:roll:

I have most of the Harry Potter books on cassette. I love listening to them while driving. Also while baking. It's nice for times when I am too busy to read much. Plus, Jim Dale who read them is excellent! I want to try listening to more books-on-tape in the future.

I've got all of them too but here theya re read by Stephen Fry who I love be interesting to hear another version (not sure I could cope)