Susan Boyle / Britain's Got Talent

SueK

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree there! I'm very pleased that he made it to 3rd place, but I really wish that he won. hopefully he will get a break - he deserves it

I'm pleased he got 3rd place too! I didn't expect him to win although I would have thought it fantastic if he had. I'd love to chill out to an album of his!

Susan Boyle has checked into a clinic last night (some listing as The Priory) due to exhaustion. I feel sorry for her because she started off as the favourite and then the press turned on her last week. I hope she feels better soon.

I read she threw a strop backstage after congratulating Diversity ontheir win, shouting, "I hate this show" and generally being rather outlandishly over-the-top like she's some big Diva or something! She's got to remember that if it weren't for that show, nobody would ever have even heard of her! I'm sorry if she's unwell, but I can't help thinking she's let things go to her head a bit!

I honestly thought she was gonna collapse at the end of the final and like Kell said, could she at least crack a smile! I'm so glad she didn't win.

As for the Priory, call me cynical but she must have a bloody good publicist :)

You got to remeber the media can upset people. That not being used to a lot of media.

Its no wonder she upset, moody some of its proplary made up things.

I bet she just went on that talent show just to sing not to get to fame not to be in the media.

They all need to give her a break and let her rest. I know that woun't happen with the media because they be around where she live 24 hours every day.

I agree with you lovesreading06.

It's time people left her alone. She HAS got a talent so it's not like she got through on false pretenses. And the fact that the media turned on her during the final week mustn't have helped her confidence or her moods.

I hope that she will recover and, though I never watched BGT - I do like her.

Her relationship with the media sharply reminds me of a real life Rita Skeeter - at first she was lauding Harry Potter then, when it seemed he was doing nothing scandalous, she went towards the Slytherins and started slagging him off in the press.

It put me in mind of that - don't forget media hypes things to absolute nonsensical proportions and, therefore, not to be trusted as reliable source material.

I reserve my judgement - but my instincts tell me to give Susan a cuddle and for being brave enough to do the damn thing in the first place - in spite of what people thought of her!

I haven't been watching this very much but got the impression she was relieved not to win. I think the pressure and media hype were just too much for her.

I agree with lovesreading and Suzanna ....I think your instincts are right Suzanna :)

Edited by poppy

I bet she just went on that talent show just to sing not to get to fame not to be in the media.

I don't think anyone is naive enough to go on one of those shows not knowing that they will get media attention. It's all part and parcel of reality TV, whatever the "genre" of it. If people don't want the exposure, they shouldn't go on the shows. Yes, it's sad that the media are so vitriolic about everyone under the sun, but it's a sad fact that we live in a "celebrity-obsessed" culture and we all know exactly how these things play out in the press.

Kell, but that's just it, Susan does strike you as being naive and not very media savvy. For that reason, it is probably best for her that she didn't win, I doubt whether she would have been able to cope. But for all that, she has an amazing voice for someone completely untrained.

Kell, I agree with you to a point, but she didn't ask for what has happened to her. The BGT team were as shocked by the likes of Gregg Pritchard as they were her, yet he wasn't hounded by the press like Susan Boyle was. Diversity, Stavros Flatley, Shaheen, & many others were popular choices to win, but they didn't get the media treatment Susan Boyle did. Yes, admittedly she should have expected some media attention (she'd have been a fool to believe otherwise) but in the span of a couple weeks she went from an unknow, to a media sensation who was loved & put up on this pedestal BY THE MEDIA, to someone who is being vilified by the media & loads of the same people who a week or 2 ago were loving her.

I don't think she ever stood a chance & no matter what you think of her singing ability, she didn't bring this treatment upon herself. She didn't deserve what has happened to her & I really hope that she gets the help she needs & that if she chooses to persue a career in the recording industry, that she has good people standing behind her, covering her back.

... no matter what you think of her singing ability, she didn't bring this treatment upon herself. She didn't deserve what has happened to her & I really hope that she gets the help she needs & that if she chooses to persue a career in the recording industry, that she has good people standing behind her, covering her back.

I agree with you Ceinwenn!

As far as I'm aware, Susan Boyle has mild Learning Difficulties. Although I may be wrong, this might explain some of the difficulties she is having coping with the changes in her life. I don't believe for one moment she expected to do that well and achieve that level of fame.

I think she's been exploited to a degree by the BGT people. I just hope the press will treat her fairly and compassionately now she has been treated for 'exhaustion'.

Julian, however, is my winner tonight. He looks like such a nice, humble guy, he deserved a chance. :)

I totally agree there! I'm very pleased that he made it to 3rd place, but I really wish that he won. hopefully he will get a break - he deserves it

Diversity did well though

He was my choice too.

Max Clifford.

Ah, thought so.

I think if she couldn't handle the pressure, she should have pulled out and gave someone else a try. Maybe she wouldn't be in a clinic now if she had.

Should I run now? :)

You know, I have spent considerable time (since the 1st post on here proclaimed it to be true) trying to find something that says that Max Clifford is her publicist. I can't find anything. There are a few posts on various websites which quote Max Clifford, but none where he is officially tied to her, as her publicist.

Where did you guys get this information (or mis-information)?

As far as I'm aware, Susan Boyle has mild Learning Difficulties. Although I may be wrong, this might explain some of the difficulties she is having coping with the changes in her life.

From her behavior, I supected this might be the case. So she did remarkably well.

Should I run now? :tong:

Run Charmy run, you cynic you :D (that reminds me of a joke, must send it to you :) )

You know, I have spent considerable time (since the 1st post on here proclaimed it to be true) trying to find something that says that Max Clifford is her publicist. I can't find anything. There are a few posts on various websites which quote Max Clifford, but none where he is officially tied to her, as her publicist.

Where did you guys get this information (or mis-information)?

Oh, I wasn't meaning that I had checked it out, only that I suspected it as it's the kind of thing he seems to get involved in all the time. :) I have no idea if he's actually involved at all.