Women's Fiction / Chick Lit

This thread hasn't been posted in since February, so I hope you don't mind me bringing it up again and if you do I'm really sorry.
We never mind old threads being resurrected! Often all it needs is a new member adding their thoughts to a thread and a whole discussion gets picked up from one of their points. :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am reading Anybody out there and finding it a really sad one, I have read all the others but this is making me feel quite low.

I love Marian Keyes and found this very sad but excellent but i have recently lost someone to cancer and although it was my step mum i did find this book really touching and emotional but really funny as well.

Marian Keyes books are excellent they are very funny but often touch on real issue such as death, depression, alcoholism, drug dependancy etc

After reading through this thread I see a few of you like Marian Keyes. I'm sort of on the fence with her books. I've only read a couple and although I thought they were okay, I didn't think they were that great.

Have you tried Rachel's Holiday? It's by far and away her best book, imho. It's very thought provoking.

Have you tried Rachel's Holiday? It's by far and away her best book, imho. It's very thought provoking.

Yep that is one of the ones I have read and well, I'm sorry to say I think if anything it put me off her books. I found it a little bit of a chore mainly because I didn't like the main character very much.

• 2 years later...

I ran across the new book from Jane Green.. It's called "Girl Friday." From the blurb on the back of the book (, it seems pretty predictable and formulaic, but I went ahead and put it on my list since I've liked most of her others.

"When Kit and Adam separated after almost fifteen years of marriage, Kit felt like she had lost her lover, her best friend and her identity all in one fell swoop. But now, a year on from the divorce, Kit has found herself again and she loves her life in the idyllic Connecticut town of Highfield. She has the perfect job - working for Robert McClore, the famous novelist - two wonderful children, a good relationship with her ex-husband and time to enjoy yoga with her friends. Then Tracy, Kit's yoga instructor and close friend, introduces her to Steve - attentive, charming, the perfect gentleman - and, for the first time in years, Kit thinks she may have found the right one. But is Steve really as perfect as he seems? And why does it bother Kit when Tracy starts dating Kit's reclusive boss, Robert?"

(www.waterstones.com)

Anyone else seen this or read it? :):D

Edited by bethany725

Wedding Babylon is definitely worth a read! Very funny and entertaining...all about the scandals of a wedding from the view of a wedding planner like the bride who is obsessed by the planner and keeps coming back for all her parties! It shows the bride from the outside world and how not to become a bridezilla!