Favourite Comfort Foods...

Mac

Tea .. I'm never happier than when my teabag tin is full .. when I can see the bottom of the tin I start to feel anxious ... like it's 'always Winter but never Christmas'!! I can't wait to fill it up again.

Toast .. goes so well with the above .. preferably uncut bread and real butter.

Scotch eggs .. my Mum always bought me one every Saturday with my comic .. I didn't want sweets just a Scotch egg. They don't make them like they used to though ... they've gone all grey and suspect

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to have some weird obsession with Marmite on toast at the moment!!

Other comfort foods are: Sausage Mash & Gravy, Ice Cream, Lasagne, Egg Mayo sandwiches. Mostly savoury, I like sweet things, but i'd rather savoury junk!

I have a stupid question. What is Marmite? Is it sort of like a jam?

Haha, no, sadly I've never even heard of Twiglight...er...Twiglets? What are they?

Twiglets are a wheat-based snack food shaped like small twigs, originating in the United Kingdom. Their main flavour comes from yeast extract, which often leads to them being claimed to taste like Marmite.

Twiglets are also known as "Sticks dipped in Marmite".

(wikipedia)

They are the kind of savoury snack that people either love or hate!:D

I seem to have some weird obsession with Marmite on toast at the moment!!

Marmite on toast! Oh, I am exactly the same way lately. I need my Marmite toast! *pops a slice of bread into the toaster* :D

On a different note - just to show what disastrous effects boredom can have when wanting to try an original snack - I once tried mixing melted chocolate with feta cheese. In some part of my mind, such a mixture made sense. My taste buds didn't feel the same way, though... Oh, the errors of our youth! :D

Marmite on toast! Oh, I am exactly the same way lately. I need my Marmite toast! *pops a slice of bread into the toaster* :D

On a different note - just to show what disastrous effects boredom can have when wanting to try an original snack - I once tried mixing melted chocolate with feta cheese. In some part of my mind, such a mixture made sense. My taste buds didn't feel the same way, though... Oh, the errors of our youth! :D

Have you ever tried a cannoli? It is sort of the same concept except you use marscapone cheese and stuff it inside of a circular pastry and then you can top it with whatever you like (chocolate, fruit, etc). It is delicious!