Favourite Comfort Foods...

Mac

I have just finished demolishing some Fish Finger sandwiches (yum) which I have slapped together to make myself feel a little better. I'm off work (first time in nearly two years!) because I'm feeling rotten. What else do people make for themselves if they're feeling cacky? Another favourite of mine is gammon, broccoli, mash and cheese sauce! Mmmm...I might even make that tonight!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I really low and fed up I always reach for the hot chocolate - failing that I go up to the nearby National Trust centre and indulge in one of their delicious cakes with a steaming hot cup of tea. It usually works - for about five minutes ! :friends0:

Chinese takeaway seems to be my comfort food, I even got it the other month when quite ill. I got told I could have anything and I asked for chinese.

Another comfort food would be bar of thick white chocolate from sainsburys - own brand - no fancy wrapper for about 26p - gone in 60 seconds tho :friends0:

Oh and roast potatos with chicken gravy - divine!

I can't stand platitudes, silly facts which are nowhere to be found but in the stereotyped image we've build in our heads. I tend to avoid them as the worst thing ever. But my italian brain couldn't help showing me a smoking serving of spaghetti with tomato sauce and Parmiggiano chees on top. at least is not pizza :friends0:

I can't stand platitudes, silly facts which are nowhere to be found but in the stereotyped image we've build in our heads. I tend to avoid them as the worst thing ever. But my italian brain couldn't help showing me a smoking serving of spaghetti with tomato sauce and Parmiggiano chees on top. at least is not pizza :friends0:

Ah, the cultural stereotype! Worry not, my friend! I could just have easily said bangers and mash myself.

However. I really do prefer your rather excellent choice. Italian is, has been and always will be my very favourite country for food. There's so much choice! Oooh, I'd go wild...

Ah, the cultural stereotype! Worry not, my friend! I could just have easily said bangers and mash myself.

However. I really do prefer your rather excellent choice. Italian is, has been and always will be my very favourite country for food. There's so much choice! Oooh, I'd go wild...

First time you happen in Sicily I'll suggest you some ultra-delicious servings :hug:

from mediterranean fish to inland Sicily cheese we have a lot of awesom (and hyper-fattening :friends0:) recipes.

Tea - I never want a cup of tea more than when I'm under the weather. It has to be Tetley, it has to be medium strength, it has to be made in a pot (which has to be heated first) and it has to have a drop of skimmed milk (which HAS to go in the cup BEFORE the tea!).

And proper, home-made rice pudding, which is, unfortunately, too much of a faff to make myself when I'm not feeling well. I used to get my Mam to make it for me when I was ill and living at home.

Nothing like coffee and something sweet to go with it for me. Otherwise some home-made Lebanese cooking from my mom or the standby Middle Eastern deli downtown.

If none of that is readily available, I'm happy with chips and salsa, ahhh...

Tea - I never want a cup of tea more than when I'm under the weather. It has to be Tetley, it has to be medium strength, it has to be made in a pot (which has to be heated first) and it has to have a drop of skimmed milk (which HAS to go in the cup BEFORE the tea!).

Absolutely right :friends0: except for the drop of milk

Tea? You bet ya!

Crisis brewing? - have a cuppa.

Heartache? - have a cuppa.

No Very well? - have a cuppa.

There's nought a good cuppa won't help! Although personally - it has to be Yorkshire tea, definitely pot made (warmed first), and some semi skimmed in first. MILK IN FIRST IS THE LAW! :friends0: