March Madness

muggle not

Few of you outside the U.S. will recognize this as a major sporting event. However, in the U.S. it consumes most sports fans.

I was fortunate enough to go and see a couple games in the first round last night. I seen Texas beat Minnesota and also seen Duke beat Binghamton. Duke really looks good and is a possibility to go all the way in the Big Dance. For sure they are one of the top 5 teams of the 64 entered.

I was about to ask the same thing as Kell, then read muggle not's post a bit more closely and discovered the words "Big Dance". Although I've never heard of a dance that's such a big game hit I thought to myself "well, muggle not did say few of us outside US would know about it..." :lol:

Hmmmmmm, can I make a guess on that one? I promise I have not googled, or any other search if I am right & I have sooooooo not heard that term used before. However, that said, I shall guess that you mean the Southern US states, like Alabama, perhaps?

Well, you got part right........Southern U.S.

But Tobacco Road is North Carolina and in particular Duke University and University of North Carolina. Others that count are North Carolina State and Wake Forest University. The best basketball in the U.S. is played in this area. Others may argue, but they probably haven't seen how basketball should be played. :lol:

Joanne McCallie, the coach of the Duke University women's team said that she is so happy to be a coach in North Carolina because the people are knowledgeable and excitable about basketball and it is constantly in the news media.