Featured Author - Bronwen Winter Phoenix

That's a tough one! Biggest joy was when my first book was published and seeing it there in book form was fantastic.

I've had a few disappointments, (rejections etc.) but possibly my first publisher's lack of publicity for Escaping Dreams. I've had to work really hard from the start and sometimes it feels like an uphill challenge to get my work out there to the readers, which is one of the most important bits! Hopefully that hard work will pay off though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one ~

Bronwen, I found your ideas in 'Nightswallow' very insightful, especially spirits and death, etc, did you those ideas come to you in a dream? :)

Edited by Weave

I have one ~

Bronwen, I found your ideas in 'Nightswallow' very insightful, especially spirits and death, etc, did you those ideas come to you in a dream? ;)

Well, the part when Night wakes up dead, through to the relationship with Magnus, was all a dream. The rest I built on from those feelings, and it's quite a dark point of view, isn't it? I have no idea what happens after death but that's just how it happened for Night and the story just kind of got a life of its own. The dream and the feelings from that dream have not been easy to forget.

There was a point when I actually cried writing it actually... maybe you can guess where :)

Thank you, dear ;) it got a bit emotional. I suppose maybe that's normal for writers to get like that though. I wouldn't know :)

I think writers like your good self would get emotional, you are bearing your soul when you are writing, it must be emotional :tong:

I suppose you're right :)

Did you think Night was whiny?

I do not think she was whiny in the slightest Bronwen, I think given the situation (finding out you are dead) she actually held it together very well, she was scared at first but as the story progressed, you saw her changing because she had changed, well I thought she had, she seemed more determined and resolved about what she wanted to do.

Hope that makes sense ;)

I do not think she was whiny in the slightest Bronwen, I think given the situation (finding out you are dead) she actually held it together very well, she was scared at first but as the story progressed, you saw her changing because she had changed, well I thought she had, she seemed more determined and resolved about what she wanted to do.

Hope that makes sense ;)

Maybe it's more of a female book, about understanding emotions etc.

I have a male friend who read it and couldn't stand the character of Night, said she was whiny, although admitted that was because he recognised too much of himself as a whiny teenager for his liking :)

Edited by Bronwen

• 2 weeks later...