What was the first fantasy/sci-fi or horror book that you read?

Kreader

My first fantasy book was probably Enid Blytons Enchanted Wood but I'd say it was the Chronicles of Narnia and the Chronicles of Prydaid by Lloyd Alexander that cemented my love of fantasy. First horror was Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. As for Sci fi, haven't read any of that

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first fantasy book was either Harry Potter and the goblet of fire (yea I know, I jumped on the pottertrain after movie 3 :D)

or the wizards first rule by Goodkind

my first horrorbook ... well horror, it was by Stephen King, was the girl who loved Tom Gordon.. does that count? :blush2:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess the very first one was Harry Potter. I didn't read so much at the time but then JK Rowling gave me the taste of books :friends0:

Then I also read Dracula which I found breathtaking <3 :smile:

The next one I'd like to read is "The Golden Compass" by Philip Pullman ^^

The golden compass series which is actually called his dark materials were the books fantasy books I read myself.

My first fantasy book was Harry Potter (the first collection book) and I read it when I was 9 years old.

My first horror was The Shining by Stephen King when I was 17 years old and since then, I have read all the books by Stephen King. Nowadays for example, I'm reading It :)

• 3 weeks later...

My first was The Hobbit when I was much younger, I left fantasy alone for a long time and was recommended The Assassins Apprentice by Robin Hobb, and I have been totally hooked since <3 The first horror was The Rats by James Herbert.