Bonjour

Genevieve

Then it is my turn and I welcome you too. I find already the members to be very intelligent, kind, oui very kind, and eager to share their knowledge.

Can anything be better? I look forward to reading your posts.

And merci for the kind welcome dear readers. You made my eyes glisten with happy emotion.

Mon ami, you are clairvoyant! I am truly captivated by the Arthurian Tales, yes from the most ancient stories crafted to some of the newer. I belong oui to a group that studies the Arthurian stories and have a dear professor friend, he has written many books on the topic. He goes through la belle France and visits sites believed to have anything to do with King Arthur, Lancelot etc. Such an enchanting book and he sent me my own copy.

And, me I do not care for the modern dress always, so sometimes I dress in the simple gowns of the beautiful ladies of the stories and it is a good excuse non to let down my long hair ? Ah the age of chivalry, I would like to see it back. :D

We have two places near me where once a year the Camelot is set up and people come garbed and with steeds decked out and there is singing in the medieval ways and dancing and I am, for a sweet moment in time, sharing in the days of the King.

Perhaps others of you like these stories, non, but if not, I shall not leave. You all seem to be sweet and chivalrous on this site. And that is enough.:D

Indeed I am quite interested in Arthurian Legends; I took a course in Medieval Literature a few years ago and our professor was so passionate she transmitted her love for the topic to all of us. I have read (struggling a bit with the Medieval English, admittedly) most of Mallory's version, but my favourite remains T. H. White's "The Once and Future King" - I'm up to part three now, "The Ill-made Knight", about the love of Guinevere and Lancelot and I actually had to stop reading it was making me so sad! I've never really felt for Lancelot but I think T. H. White comes closest to making his readers sympathise with him. I really should pick it back up, shouldn't I?

I completely sympathise with your feeling of temporal displacement; personally I should have lived with the Romantics, gulped wine with Byron, made up ghost stories with the Shelleys...! Oh, well. At least you get the Camelot re-enactments, they sound like amazing fun! And go you for your independence of thought and dress - not many people don't want to stand out so never dare to look like they feel inside, which is quite sad. So well done!

Merci, merci book jumper. You make me smile, because , all my life I am such a shy person, I blush even when alone! Then a lady she says to me Genevieve, you are thinking too much of yourself. You must start to do what you are afraid to do and come out of yourself. And if you blush, what is that? What is that, I wanted to die, what is that! But I joined the acting club and went on to act at university, still blushing. And I became correspondent and also I performed musically(recitals they made me so afraid I was stuck to piano with persperation. I joined the toastmistress but it was too terrifying. Stayed only one month. shiver.

But I did decide that , since I sew well I would study the clothing from medieval and Victorian eras and make for myself the clothes, oui? And I did and do. My favorite garment is my ankle length cape, a soft velvet. I love it dearly. And , it is strange, but noone ever seems to think I am strange, you know sticking out. In my village, many people seem to be 'differen't in their own ways yes. The kids in Gothic they like my clothes, and also all from university here , the cultured ones and stuffy ones, they always say good things. Who cares, but ah me I do feel displaced. Still, in my jeans and t's I am at home too. :lol:

You made me sigh telling me about your studies. I study history, oui, but not that. I think I should see maybe I can do that next year, I don't know.

Wilde lily, how romantic that name, oui I have read Mists of Avalon, much it frightened me, but it captured the true pagan activities that do not touch my heart. And Arthur's sister to me was perhaps quite mad and savage non? But her life was full of sorrows.

And so much treachery. But the title is perfect oui. I was worn out at the end and cried much.:D

, oui I have read Mists of Avalon, much it frightened me, but it captured the true pagan activities that do not touch my heart. And Arthur's sister to me was perhaps quite mad and savage non? But her life was full of sorrows.

And so much treachery. But the title is perfect oui. I was worn out at the end and cried much.:lol:

Oh yes, it is an intense book. I shed quite a few tears myself.