Giulia's Big Book Giveaway/Swap Thread

BookJumper

Hello and welcome to Giulia's Swap Shop, where you may trade books you no longer want for books you do.

Preferred currency: Speculative Fiction (Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror - I enjoy the likes of Ray Bradbury, Neil Gaiman, Stephen King, Clive Barker) although I will consider other stuff too so if there's anything you want in the list that follows just give me a shout and show us what you've got.

Edited by BookJumper

• 1 month later...

... ETA: as I really need the shelfspace, and it is clear I'm hardly going to shift these all in one go, forget what I said about the postage - if there's anything you desire from the (edited) list above, PM me and it's yours.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd feeling cheeky asking for 'I am Legend' because you've been generous enough already by sending me them Pratchett books.. so I'll leave it for someone else.

No worries, you're not being cheeky at all - it's a first come, first served kinda shelf-freeing operation :friends0: I should still have your address in my inbox, in which case I'll post these off tomorrow!

No, honestly.. I'd much prefer it if we left the thread for a while to see if there was any interest in the book from anyone else.

The thread has been open since 10th March :friends0: First come first serve like Giulia said! :razz:

I thought that book was added today..

The book was indeed added yesterday because it was yesterday that I decided that the continuity error at page 2 was going to prevent me from ever getting lost into it properly. It is still a first come, first served country Ben so if you want it it's yours; if you're 100% certain however I can put it back and see if there's interest from other quarters. Completely your call though, it's set aside for you.

Put it aside for a week or so, too make sure someone else isn't interested at all. You've been extremely nice to me already.. :friends0:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

- Hal Duncan, "Vellum". (1 huge hardback). Condition: Used, very good.

I have just bought this one and the sequel Ink. What did you think of it, and did you read Ink?

I've read its hard to get into but worth it but I couldn't resist, they sound great. I got both for

I have just bought this one and the sequel Ink. What did you think of it, and did you read Ink?
I'm actually giving it away having barely read two pages because of its hardbackness; I'm not a fan at the best of times and a book this long in that format becomes unmanageable in my opinion, particularly because I do most of my reading on buses and the hardback "Vellum" is bigger than most of my bags... :lol:. I do want to read it though; I plan to buy it in paperback once I've cleared the shelf-space.

I'm actually giving it away having barely read two pages because of its hardbackness; I'm not a fan at the best of times and a book this long in that format becomes unmanageable in my opinion, particularly because I do most of my reading on buses and the hardback "Vellum" is bigger than most of my bags... :icon_eek:. I do want to read it though; I plan to buy it in paperback once I've cleared the shelf-space.

Oh I can understand that, I have the 'Death Trilogy - Pratchett in hardback and that puts me off devouring it, even though I like hardbacks but when they are chunky its uncomfortable at times.

I just received my paperback copy of Vellum and Ink today and they are a very manageable size and the covers feel lovely ;), I hope you get them soon! They seem great reads, hopefully live up to what they seem.