My Doorsteps - Sarah 09

Doorsteps read so far 2009

Boudica - Dreaming the eagle (book 1) - Manda Scott - 542 pages

The Sword of Shannara (book 1) - Terry Brooks - 664 pages *on page 363*

TBR list

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell - Susanna Clarke - 1024 pages

Boudica Dreaming the bull (book 2) Manda Scott - 429 pages - does that count?

Boudica Dreaming the hound (book 3) Manda Scott - 720 pages

Boudica Dreaming the serpent spear (book 4) Manda Scott - 784 pages

The Elfstones of Shannara (book 2) - Terry Brooks -614 pages

Edited by chrysalis_stage

Evening. Are these Boudica books based on the Boudica of the Iceni tribe of East Anglia? She went through some tough times prior to her retributive rampage across the east of England, poor girl. Do they tell you what she had to witness and put up with? I'm fairly interested in all that history jazz, you know. I am. Yep. :friends0:

Evening. Are these Boudica books based on the Boudica of the Iceni tribe of East Anglia? She went through some tough times prior to her retributive rampage across the east of England, poor girl. Do they tell you what she had to witness and put up with? I'm fairly interested in all that history jazz, you know. I am. Yep. :friends0:

Yes they are based on the Boudica of the Iceni tribe of East Anglia. :lol: They were supposed to be a trilogy but Scott not long ago added a fourth book which some people who read trilogy originally may not realise. The first book at least (which is only one I've read so far) is about her childhood. I'm not sure of the level of facts but she has a fictional brother in the book called Ban who is kidnapped by the Romans, so that you can see the Roman side at the time. It's good in the respect telling you what she had to deal with growing up to make her the way she was and the relationships between different tribes. Very enjoyable so far :lol:

I'm finding it quite emotional too, well either it is or I'm too emotional, not sure....:irked:

You should definitely try it, I would recommend it! Fictional history is always useful, not heavy to read and gives you enough info. to have a conversation on the topic lol, not too descriptive either, nice and easy to read.

They are, which I know purely because my OH has read them all & has raved about them! (That's probably the sum of my knowledge on the subject, though!)

Good to hear someone else has read them all and enjoyed them enough to rave about them, will probably be me soon enough. :friends0: