A little hello, timid yet hopeful

BookJumper

My dear people,

The name's Giulia - but as you might find that difficult to spell/pronounce in your head, you can call me BookJumper (have to admit stealing that name from the realm of Jasper Fforde's excellent "Thursday Next" series, my main reading project of the moment).

In fact, I don't mind what you call me; what's in a name? and all that. Just wave, say hi, give us a hug. Or a nice cup of coffee, I like those - I would, I'm Italian. If you prick us, do fountains of coffee not come out?

You might be able to tell I like Shakespeare. I also happen to like quite a lot of writers of the subsequent four hundred years; though sometimes described as picky, I don't really ask much from a book: a good story, compelling characters, love and respect for language and and a satisfying ending.

In return, I give it all the love due to a friend for life.

So, in conclusion, hello. Nice to commingle with like-minded souls at last; where have you people been all my life?

Echo - Indeed, it is pronounced like "Julia" - it's just the Italian spelling. I also have an English middle name and a Polish surname to confuse matters further.

Lucy - when you can, get "Lost in a Good Book" (it's the second in the series), it's truly splendid. Doubly more so than the first, which is quite a feat.

Giulia

Hi Giulia, what a beautiful name! Welcome to the gang, I hope you enjoy it here, everyone is happy to help.

I hope you continue to enjoy Thursday Next, I love the books.

Take care and Welcome.:friends0:

Welcome-8.jpg

It's a shame you live in Australia, actually - I've got a spare copy of "Lost in a Good Book" (somehow, in my amazing intelligence, managed to buy two) in search of a good home...! Hope you can get your hands on it soon, it's the best Fforde I've read so far.

I neglected to mention that I already have a copy of the book. It's finding time to read it that is the problem! Actually, I own all of Fforde's books except First Among Sequels. :friends0: