Jeffery Deaver

Did you know that The Blue Nowhere is being made into a movie? I hope it comes out soon :haha:

No way! Funny you should say that because I swear I was going to say that they should make it into a movie!

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, Mister.g I've just noticed that you're currently reading Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. It's one of my all time favourite books! Hope you're enjoying it! :)

Yeah, i did enjoy it. The structure threw me a little bit at first - expecially when some people got more than one story. I found myself checking the list of stories at the back to check i wasn't losing it. :irked:

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's one of my all time favorite books (I think American Psycho is more 'up there') but it was definitely very readable.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I think the structure is very clever as you get an insight into how each person finds themselves in that situation.

The thing I've noticed with all the Chuck Palaniuk books I've read is that they're all about people who either don't quite fit in/are lonely and the story explains how they go about interacting with others.

Yeah, that was my impression as well - i got that after reading Surviver. At that point i'd only got Fight Club to draw comparisons with but having now read this as well it re-inforces that view point.

I've got Diary to read soon - then i'll probably pick up his other ones afterwards.

I've had a look & I can't find a thread about Jeffery Deaver's books - all or any of them, as a discussion spot. There are threads about specific books, but no place to talk about just any of them, so since I know that there are a few of us who read his books, I thought maybe we could have a place to talk about them, collectively, instead of individually.

I've just seen that he has a new book coming out which is the final installment in a trilogy that I didn't realise was a trilogy! The new book, which comes out on June 9th in Canada & the US & July 23rd here in the UK, is called "Roadside Crosses". The other 2 books in the series are: Blue Nowhere & Broken Window. I've read the blurb on the book & have read the other 2 books in the trilogy, so really can't wait for this one to come out!

It does say that this new book takes over where the book Sleeping Dolls (which is not part of the trilogy) left off & it has been years since I read that one, so I might need to read it to re-aquaint myself with the characters & what happened in that book.

Edited by Ceinwenn

I read Diary last year and that was good too!! As per usual, you expect one thing and get something you'd never expect in a million years!! haa!!

I've not read survivor yet....any good?

I didn`t know those 2 books were part of a trilogy either - I`ll look out for

Roadside Crosses, thanks for that. I always look forward to a new Lyncoln Rhymes story. :irked:

Have you read The Bodies Left Behind?

It`s a stand alone book, I`m reading it at the moment, it`s very good.

I haven't read it yet. I want to get it, but at the moment finances dictate that there will be very little book buying until either OH or I find another job.

This new one isn't a Lincoln Rhyme book, though, but then the 1st in the trilogy wasn't either.

This new one isn't a Lincoln Rhyme book, though, but then the 1st in the trilogy wasn't either.

There I go making assumptions again!

It`s so long since I read Blue Nowhere, that I`d forgotten it wasn`t a LR story. :irked:

I look forward to reading Roadside Crosses, anyway, as I do all JD`s books. :)

Coffin Dancer features large amounts of aeronautical jargon with twists that shock you one after the other - having read a lot of books in this genre i was still genuinely surprised at the twist which revealed the coffin dancers identity. Heartily recommended.

I am reading this at the moment. For some reason it feels like I've read it before, a long time ago, but I cannot remember the story. Still quite enjoyable though.

:crazy:Thank you so much for that!!! :D

My gran got me a load of books for Christmas, including The Sleeping Doll. I had never heard of Jeffery Deaver before, but that was the first book I decided to read out of the books I got, and I loved it so much! I've never actually read this genre before as I couldn't imagine it would work well as a novel, but I was hooked! I admit I never noticed any of the twists coming ;), which is good because I hate it when twists are so obvious!!!

You have made me very happy and excited :welcomebcf:

Nightwish, I`m glad you enjoyed Sleeping Doll, Jeffery Deaver is very good isn`t he. I recently read, The Bodies Left Behind, a stand alone book, that was very good too. :welcomebcf:

I will look into the others before reading that one then. It drives me crazy not reading anything in order :welcomebcf:

You should have a look in Co-Op yourself if there is one near you. The stores in my local area still have book offers on :P

I should have asked this question yesterday when I went into Derby for some shopping :D I know the book stalls in the market place have most of Deavers books really cheap.

I loved the way in The Sleeping Doll how it went straight into the action without building up the story line for several chapters first ;)

I must admit Jeffery Deaver is one of my favourite authors, the stories do tend to grip you straight away and keep you guessing. Enjoy! :welcomebcf:

I will check out the books at the co-op too, thanks.

I am also a Jeffery Deaver fan got a book called 'The Sleeping Doll' I bought because of the title and the front cover it was my first ever Jeffery Deaver and I got the book just before Christmas. This was my first book to read for January. Since then I've bought... Twisted, A Maidens Grave, The Empty Chair and The Blue Nowhere. :welcomebcf:

I've only read two Jeffrey Deaver books, The Broken Window and The Blue Nowhere (both on recommendation from Ceinwenn) and enjoyed them both immensly! The Blue Nowhere was my absolute favourite! I have also got The Sleeping Doll and The Twelfth Card on my TBR shelf :welcomebcf:

Have any of you joined the mailing list on his website?

I`ve never looked at the website, I will check it out later.

Good to see all the Jeffery Deaver fans here, I particularly like the Lincoln Rhymes books. :welcomebcf: