Jeffery Deaver

I've just discovered something that might be really old news to you guys, but is definitely new to me. I was browsing goodreads.com and long story short: I noticed that Jeffery Deaver is a goodreads author. Now, I must've known this before (haha, especially seeing my previous post in this thread!!), but now I kind of went through his page a little closer and discovered that he's keeping score on GR of which books he's read and the ratings as well. Woo! And I then noticed that he's read Bridget Jones's Diary! How endearing is that :smile2: It kind of brings him a bit closer, seeing that he's just like the rest of us, reading all sorts of books and enjoying them.

Just thought I'd let you know. :blush:

Edit: He's also read Twilight!!

Edited by frankie

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished reading "Death of a blue movie star" - the second book in the Rune series. Excellent! You know the twist is coming, you try to work it out, but he gets me every time! An easy read and a very satisfying ending.

Ian

Started bone collector yesterday,already 290 pages in,I could not put it down last night and was reading till past 3am.

Paying the price now as I'm feeling very groggy. :Zzzz:

Sorry if you've talked about Deaver somewhere before, but have you read anything by him before? I've only read two of his Lincoln Rhyme books, Bone Collecter and the next one in the series, Coffin Dancer. I was fully convinced of Deaver's thriller writing skills when I finished Bone Collector and was really sceptical about reading the next one, I thought to myself, 'how can he top that??'. Then I read Coffin Dancer, and it was AMAZING. I won't say anything more about it, but I wholeheartedly recommend reading that one too! :smile2:

Sorry if you've talked about Deaver somewhere before, but have you read anything by him before? I've only read two of his Lincoln Rhyme books, Bone Collecter and the next one in the series, Coffin Dancer. I was fully convinced of Deaver's thriller writing skills when I finished Bone Collector and was really sceptical about reading the next one, I thought to myself, 'how can he top that??'. Then I read Coffin Dancer, and it was AMAZING. I won't say anything more about it, but I wholeheartedly recommend reading that one too! :smile2:

Definitely! It's the best in the series IMO although I know others like some of the next ones better ;)

Did you know that Deaver has written the new James Bond movie? Should be brilliant! :)

Hi Frankie,bone collector is my first deaver read and I have the next two in the series,coffin dancer and empty chair on the TBR pile...can't wait to read them and then buy the next few in the series,thanks for the input frankie :)

Definitely! It's the best in the series IMO although I know others like some of the next ones better ;)

Did you know that Deaver has written the new James Bond movie? Should be brilliant! :)

Thanks for the info Charm,I had heard of the bond novel but not a movie fan really but from what I have heard the bond novels are nothing like the movies anyway so may read one or two in the future. :readingtwo:

Thanks for the info Charm,I had heard of the bond novel but not a movie fan really but from what I have heard the bond novels are nothing like the movies anyway so may read one or two in the future. :readingtwo:

I've never read a Bond novel either, but if Deaver is starting to write them, I may give them a shot ;)

I've only read A Maiden's Grave of his, but I thought it was really good. Must read some more at some point.

I love this book! It's probably my favourite stand alone novel of his. There is just something so compelling about the characters, and the origins of the title still send a jolt through me. :)

I love this book! It's probably my favourite stand alone novel of his. There is just something so compelling about the characters, and the origins of the title still send a jolt through me. :)

Sounds like I chose a good one to start with :)

I haven't read any of his books as yet but have just ordered a copy of The Bone collecter to get started with. I know this book is also a film but I've not seen it. So it wont be ruined lol.

I haven't read any of his books as yet but have just ordered a copy of The Bone collecter to get started with. I know this book is also a film but I've not seen it. So it wont be ruined lol.

The Bone Collector is a great introduction to Deaver, hope you enjoy it Knox :D

IMO, this is probably his best book although there are some other good ones but I like this one the best.

The film is actually quite a bit different to the book so I don't think it will even be spoilt!

I always prefer the book versions anyway...

• 3 years later...

Wow, it's been ages since anyone posted in this thread! Since my previous post I've read two more Deaver novels, both were standalones. I read The Blue Nowhere (I rated it 3/5) and Praying for Sleep (4/5). I should really make a move on and read more of his books! :smile2: 

• 1 year later...

After reading this thread, read my first Deaver book "the bone collector" and really enjoyed it, have seen the film many years ago but couldn't remember it.

Will definitely be looking for the next novel now.

After reading this thread, read my first Deaver book "the bone collector" and really enjoyed it, have seen the film many years ago but couldn't remember it.

Will definitely be looking for the next novel now.

Oh my sweet G, you are in for a great treat!! :smile2: I thought The Bone Collector was genius, but the second novel is wayyy better! :smile2: