44 movie sequels in the works!

Kell

I can't believe there are so many sequels in the works over the next couple of years - and there are bound to be more on the way after those...

Kung Fu Panda 2

You

Cont...

The Strangers 2

The small horror hit of earlier this year will be returning to our screens with a follow-up in 2010, with filming set to take place next year. Liv Tyler is likely to return, and Bryan Bertino is hammering out a script again.

Harold & Kumar 3

Their recent trip to Guantanamo Bay did wonders for Messrs Harold and Kumar, who brought in enough box office to merit a third film. It

hmm, I've not seen the first of most of these. And can't really say I want to watch any of the sequels of what I have seen (especially not the wedding planner, why of why?!). I might see the spiderman ones though if there's nothing else out

Batman 3/Dark Knight 2

It’s not been announced, but there’s no way it’s not going to happen. 2011 at the latest.

That one's good news for my area of the UK - it means film crews needing accommodation & food & since they use the Cardington Hangars to film the scenes in Gotham City, that has meant about

I'll probably watch the next installments of Batman and Spiderman, and perhaps Pirates of the Carribbean, depending on the reviews (I haven't seen the third one yet).

National Treasure and Bourne may be interesting. Heathers 2? I am Legend 2? Hmm, I don't know.

Why can't they let successful movies stand on their own anymore? (That's rhetorical...I know the answer is money.) Hairspray was great on its own, as were most of these movies, but once you make sequels, they forever get tarred with the 'awful sequel' brush.

Zac Efron in POTC4? Hmm, not sure that will work. I can't imagine him doing anything other than musicals or chick flicks.

I agree, but if he can pull it off good on him! I will probably see POTC4, but I think maybe they need o stop soon, in fact the third wasn't up to standard in my opinion

I agree, but if he can pull it off good on him! I will probably see POTC4, but I think maybe they need o stop soon, in fact the third wasn't up to standard in my opinion

No, I didn't enjoy the third that much either. It became quite confusing. But, I will go to watch the 4th, as Johnny Depp is in it :)

Pirates of the Caribbean is a must see for me. I'm the biggest fan of the first three films (even though many people don't like the second or third). I became addicted to Johnny Depp's career (And his looks :lol:) when I saw the first film 6/7 years ago.

Others which I would like are Hairspray 2 (another of my favourite films although I hope all the cast will be back because it wouldn't be the same with anyone else). The Break-up was an OK film but not sure how a sequel would work. Wedding Planner was another alright film but I don't want to watch anything to do with Madonna. Scream 4 is another I would watch although I hope they make it sparkle like the original as the 2nd and 3rd weren't great. And I Am Legend - another brilliant film.

I don't know what's wrong with me.. I watched the first 2 POTC and was bored through both of them! :lol: I have a disorder, apparently.

You are not alone. My girlfriend absolutely despised both of the first two and did not see the third. I didn't mind the first one but I thought the second was terrible and didn't bother with the third either.

I didn't bother with the 3rd either, and certainly won't be going to see the 4th as it's released.. I feel like I'm just missing something, though! :lol: At least the group I watched the first 2 with enjoyed them. :D

I never got all the hype either to be completely honest. I remember the first one entertaining me mildly, then finding the second one just a bit ridiculous and annoying and then not bothering with the third. Like you I wouldn't see another sequel.