Peter Straub - In the Night Room - Vote Thread

What is your overall score for this book  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your overall score for this book

Score this book 1 - 10 please.

Please consider the following in your score and add comments accordingly.

Plot and or themes

Characterisation

Environment and atmosphere

Writing style / How well it is written

Overall enjoyment.

Please don't use this thread for discussions, but keep it simple, just explaining your vote.

Thanks a lot

Debbie

Well I enjoyed this book. Very interesting plot - fictional characters arriving in our world. I also think Straub did a good job creating atmosphere and easily visualised the environment.

I didn't find I felt much for the characters, although I did understand their motives and I don't think it lessened my enjoyment of the book.

Jo xx

This book turned around for me half-way through. I have posted elsewhere saying how much I wasn't enjoying this book, then I got to the bit where Willy meets her Maker and suddenly it all made sense.

Maybe I will have to re-read it but I didn't get that he was the author of the second plot line until just before then. It was just a boring and not-too-believable sub-plot that was wearing me down........ then it improved immensely.

Another interesting part was the reference to a mythology of asian origin I adn't come across - and I thought I was quite up on my Mythologies :D

I'm giving this a 5, as it wasn't really terrible, but there were too many things wrong with it for me to give it a higher mark.

I will try Peter Straub again though, I think he has written better than this and will do again.

Debbie