March

The Time Traveller's Wife - Audrey Niffengger

Far From The Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy

Marley and Me - John Grogan

February

New Moon - Stephenie Meyer

Double Cross - Malorie Blackman

Poirot Investigates - Agatha Christie

Confessions of a Shopaholic/ The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella

TBR List Red - Books I need to get hold of

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte

Atonement

A Place Called Here - Cecelia Ahern

The Magician's Guild - Trudi Canavan

Ivy - Julie Hearn

Sophie's World - Jostein Gaarder

Ingo - Helen Dunmore

A Great and Terrible Beauty - Libba Bray

Tess of the D'Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy

The rest of the Shopaholic Series - Sophie Kinsella

The Book Thief - Mark Zusak

Edited by Cadenza

I've seen The Forgotten Garden floating about - I keep meaning to see what it's about!

Great lists you've got, some really good titles :giggle:

Thanks! I can't wait to read the Forgotten Garden. I read Kate Morton's The House at Riverton and loved it.

I hope you enjoy The Time Traveller's Wife, it's a great read! :)

I'm hoping to read it soon. I've read so much about it on here and it sounds really good.

First there was the mystery of the film star and the diamond... then came the 'suicide' that was murder... the mystery of the absurdly cheap flat... a suspicious death in a locked gun-room... a million dollar bond robbery... the curse of a pharoah's tomb... a jewel robbery by the sea... the abduction of a Prime Minister... the disappearance of a banker... a phone call from a dying man... and, finally, the mystery of the missing will. What links these fascinating cases? Only the brilliant deductive powers of Hercule Poirot!

I found this quite bitty - but then it was a collection of short stories. All the cases were interesting, varied and detailed. I give it 6/10 - I prefer the longer cases.

Edited by Cadenza

Becky Bloomwood has a great flat, a fabulous wardrobe full of this season's must-haves and a job telling other people how to manage their money. The only problem is, she can't afford to live the high life any longer. The letters from the bank are getting harder to ignore, she tries Cutting Back, she tries Making More Money, she tries really hard, but nothing is working. Her only consolation is to treat herself to something - just a little something.

A really fun read to whizz through. Some funny moments but at times predictable, I enjoyed following the characters and their issues. A good read, especially on holiday, I hope the film is a good adaptation of this book and I will hopefully be reading the rest of the series. 8/10

• 2 weeks later...

Far From The Madding Crowd is perhaps the most pastoral of of Hardy's Wesswx novels. It tells the story of the young farmer Gabriel Oak and his love for and pursuit of the elusive Batsheba Everdene, whose wayward nature leads her to both tragedy and true love...

After a slow start the book picked up pace at about 3/4 of the way through. At the start I felt nothing seemed to happen apart from sheep or farming but after

Fanny died

lots seemed to happen with the characters and their lives.

The language was beautiful but at times long winded, but it did give some lovely images. Analysing whilst reading for my english coursework was a little hard going and wrecked the story a little but overall I thought it was ok. 6/10

This is the extraordinary love story of Clare and Henry who met when Clare was six and Henry was thirty - six, and were married when Clare was twenty-two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry suffers from a rare condition where his genetic clock periodically resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly onto his past or future. In the face of this force they can neither prevent nor control, Henry and Clare's struggle to lead normal lives is both intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.

An amazing concept which was exciting and led to many plot twists and turns. The different time frames flowed seamlessly and were easy to follow. I got attached to the characters as they were instantly likeable and had depth. Their struggles led me to being on the bring of tears many times.On the other hand I did feel that some parts were not really needed and dragged on.

The ending rounded off the book nicely and completed, what I would call, the circle of Henry's travels but it left me with plenty of questions.

Overall 7.5/10

• 4 weeks later...

I don't usually read autobiographies so this was a change for me but I found that it was a really heart warming story that made me wish I had a dog! I would be crying one minute and laughing the next. Serious issues and life changing moments were dealt with sensitively and the ending was sentimental but not cheesy! There was a naice balance of dog and family issues considering when you approach the book you expect it all to be about Marley. Only bad point was that at time it got a little tedious, especially in the middle. A really good read I would recommend to anyone.

8/10

I am starting to read Dracula by Bram Stoker now. What did anyone else think of Dracula?

• 2 months later...

I haven't been on much recently because of various things so i'll just put up the book I have been reading most recently:

Finished: The Boy In the Striped Pyjamas - John Boyne 8/10

Started: Labyrinth - Kate Mosse I'm going to be reading this as an ongoing book as it is quite long so I will be reading something else as well (to be decided)