Change of Heart- Jodi Picoult.

Lucybird

I have now finished Change of Heart and I have to say, I absolutely loved it.

One of the things I love about Jodi Picoult, is the way she challenges your opinions - no matter what they are. There always seems to be a for/against point of view. She makes me think of an opposing argument and makes me rethink my viewpoint. Which I don't think is a bad thing in life to be honest.

For me, Change of Heart was no different and as usual, I dug a little deeper to think of myself in that position, in the victims position, in the family of the victims position, the jurys position, the prosecution and the defences position...I like a book that makes me think. Not just intellectually but morally and ethically too.

I have to confess, I even had a little cry at the end.:lol:

• 1 month later...

My mom is reading this at the moment, and said it's different than any of the other Picoult novels she's read. She said it jumps around from scene to scene a lot and is a bit hard to keep up with. I can't decide if I should read it or not.. From the blurb, it sounds like something I'd love. But when so many readers say the central theme is religion, it puts me off a bit again. (No problem with religion.. just not sure I want to read a religious-based book right now.) Any thoughts??

Hmm.. is it like a character is struggling with making a decision that's considered acceptable by a certain religion or something? I don't know the right questions to ask without having anything given away. :smile2::irked:

Nah, it's more because it's about forgivness and making amends, and right and wrong. I guess it's more about morality than religion. Possibly I forgot something though, it is late

I obviously can't speak for "Change of Heart," yet but I DID like "19 Minutes" a lot, Kelly. It was a really good read!

I hope some people weigh in on this.. It may help me make up my mind on whether to pick up "Change of Heart" or not. :smile2:

Prsonally I prefered this one, it kind of reminded me of My Sister's Keeper, and a bit of oh I can't remember the name er something Faith...I shoud go to bed if I can't remember that