Getting into the Spirit of things!

Booknutt

Anyone out there read/reading Diana Cooper's latest awesome "2012 and Beyond"?

I love the messages sent to us through this book - such hope and promise for our world of the future. Such fantastic changes, as we learn to live with the Earth - not just get as much out of her as we can!

This is a very reassuring time for Diana's "latest" to be published, for there's not a country around the planet which isn't feeling stress in one form or another, and the promise of a brighter future is here, for all of us.

There must be at least ONE other Diana C. fan out there - where are you, my friend? :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did my Reiki Masters course with Diana (she was another student and not the teacher) many years ago, and although she is lovely as a person, I can't say I am a huge fan of her writing. I am sure it has a place for many, but it is just not for me. I rarely read spiritual books at all these days, as so many of them seem to just say the same old things but in different ways. I am a place in my life now where I no longer need to read about this stuff, it is time instead to start living it, and to be just be.

I picked up "conversations with god" in the book shop and thought "I know what a psychiatrist would think about it" I think spiritualism needs to reign it in a bit and look at the issue of spiritual aspiration/madness and contemporary culture (in particular Psychiatry). we live in a world where spirituality is so individualistic. Many who have peak experiences and have been well read in contemporary spiritual literature have such experiences because they cease reading and start practicing. we all can't be writers 'having conversations with god' but does our culture accept us as individuals having conversations with god and survive it without psychiatric intervention? When one is consumed by the spirit in this day and age, one has to be very careful in their contemporary environment.

This is a gritty issue that I have been searching for in Spiritual literature.

I agree, Infinity - spirituality is individualistic - that's the beauty of it! We have been given freewill - to believe and practise, or not, and we learn and grow from each other's reactions.

There's a multitude of options for each of us to choose from nowadays, isn't there? That's what makes being born at this stage of humanity's evolution so interesting ... and makes each of us such individual expressions of God - quite literally. :) Fascinating, aren't we?

• 3 weeks later...

"The Amazing Power of Animals" by Gordon Smith

Gordon is one of my favourite psychics, and it's interesting to read this fascinating book, for we tend to forget the importance of our animal companions in our lives. Both when they're "here" - and when passed into Spirit!

It's great to know that our loved friends will not only be there to meet us again when our own time comes to pass over - for it's our love of them which gives them that individuality - but can also come back to visit us when we're low, and in need of their comfort, for animals have a sense of responsibility for us, too.

I have personal experience of that - my much loved childhood terrier friend popped in for a visit a few years ago when I was travelling through a fit of the "blues" and provided support on many levels. Plus a bit of a shock - but a nice one!

• 1 month later...

"They Walked with Jesus" by Dolores Cannon

I've recently started this book - and actually expressing how great it is ... is impossible!

For anyone believing in a basically Christian faith it's a revelation - a chance to feel something off what these experiences were actually like, and a window into life of those times. Also - the reading of it will stimulate the past life memories of anyone here nowadays who was actually also around back then.

For anyone who is a sceptic, it's still an interesting book - as it also explains something about past-life regressions, and why they can be so important to us, whether we believe, or not. There's also some very interesting info on how to recognise truly-believed fantasy past-life memories, and genuine ones.

• 3 weeks later...

FESTIVALS AND CELEBRATIONS by White Eagle

The Festival of All Souls and of Remembrance

The fesivals which fall at this time, the ancient festival of Hallowe'en, the Festival of All Souls and All Saints, and the more modern Festival of Remembrance, are a reminder that deep within every soul lies the power to commune with heavenly beings and with this inner world of Spirit.

At this time of year our thoughts turn inward to the world of Spirit to those who dwell therein, and the two worlds are very close; and, as if to balance the loss of physical sunlight, there comes a special outpouring of spiritual life onto the earthplane which, in those who can attune themselves to it, helps to strengthen their conscious contact with the Spiritual Sun, the Source of all life.

In this union with God comes also the comfort of true communion with loved ones who have withdrawn from the body of the flesh.

The time is essentially one of communion with the world of Spirit.

White Eagle.

Anyone else got anything to add from their books about Hallowe'en - the most spiritual time of all!

Edited by Booknutt

• 1 month later...

O.K. - carrying on with chatting to myself :D

I'm loving my latest purchase - "Little Book of Angels" by White Eagle.

This a pocket-sized twelve-section book which covers a lot of information on the subject of our spiritual friends, and how we can work with them, or just enjoy contacting them.

For under (£10 p & p incl) from The White Eagle Publishing Trust (or online for even less!) it will make a lovely little Christmas present for the Angel-friendly person, or a little treat for yourself. The Angels are among us all year round, of course, but large in the minds of many folks at this particular season.

Quoting from the book -

Contacting your Guardian Angel

"When you fall asleep, let your mind be calm and still. Think of the hush over the Earth. All nature sleeps. Put yourself into rhythm with nature. Then you will be released harmoniously, and your Guardian Angel at your side will take your hand and lead you forth to one of the many Temples that exist on the etheric plane. There you will receive instruction, and your soul will be impressed so vividly that some of the experiences will remain in your waking moments."

Isn't that a trip worth having?!

Has anyone else got any gift-suggestions on the topic of spiritual beliefs?

• 3 months later...

"Angels in my Hair" by Laura Byrne

An autobiography of a modern-day Irish mystic classed as "retarded" as a child, because she interacted with the Angels she saw all around her, more than people.

If you are interested at all in the effects Angels can have on our lives (if we let them) you need to read this book ... and be envious of the beautiful experiences, and the loving care of the Angels, which Laura has lived all her life.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I read last week very good Christian book called The Barbarian Way. It was by man with last name McManus but forget whole name I am sorry. Very good idea about how Christians should have free spirit like in jungle or forest and love God like tribe people not so much like civilized. I cannot explain englsih so good but I think good book for any Christian to think about.

Thanks for adding "The Barbarian Way" to the thread, Puan.

It sounds the sort of thing I might be interested in myself, as in the past I have found the restrictions placed on members by traditional Christian Churches quite uncomfortable. I'll look it up.

We human beings do tend to make things complicated, and surround ourselves with rules. I'm not against rules as regards the general run of life, but faith is a very personal thing, isn't it?

I'm adding today two books which have touched me deeply, and I hope will do the same for others, whether they believe in Angels - or not.

Pop back to visit whenever you're passing, Paun. :friends0:

"Angels in my Hair" by Lorna Byrne

This autobiography tells of the childhood and growing up of Lorna - who has seen and talked to Angels all her life.

Because this connection distracted her from daily interaction with the people around her, Lorna was cruelly (and without proper assessment) classed as "retarded" as a small child. With this book, she proves that wrong.

Lorna may see everyday life with a clarity that few of us possess as we get drawn into life's complications, and forget to look at a "bigger picture", but her views are true and very wise - and guided by God, through her Angel friends.

Lorna grew up to earn her own living, drive a car, marry, and bring up 4 children (in the latter years as a widow) and is currently a successful author, and proud grandmother. Quite a few people classed as "normal" haven't done as much.

This is a story from the heart, to touch the heart, and well worth reading.

"Stairways to Heaven" by Lorna Byrne

This second autiobiography takes us further into Lorna's relationship with God and her Angels, as she travels the world to promote her successful first book, and along the way brings us important messages regarding the future of the world, and what we can do to help ourselves, and our planet.

Lorna's personal faith in her Angels and their care is total - as she recounts, when she handed her own life, and that of her ill small daughter over to them, when both lived alone in an isolated and unfinished home, and were brought to safety by her Angel friends.

A second straight-from-the-heart bestseller, with important messages for us all.

NB - if you don't want to buy these books - ask for them at your local Public Library. You'll be doing dozens or maybe even hundreds of people a favour as the benefits spread, through bringing them into stock.

The first book was one that was often discussed at the Wednesday Inner Journey group that I used to go to (unfortunately now disbanded), with the leader reading several chapters from it. It sounded interesting I have to say and was one that I did think about getting, so perhaps I will get hold of a copy.

Thank you Booknutt you maybe I think will like this book alot. it is called The Ragamuffin Gospel. It is written by preacher named Brendan and I listen it in truck on cd player. it is about how God loves every people even if they do wrong. I know some preachers tell me they do not agree all about this book but I do not agree either 100m percent, but I still like book because makes you think and also will make you feel good. I know some preachers and some missionaries and they most all love books written by C.S. Lewis and also watchman Nee.

I loved "Angels in my Hair", Talisman, and have just returned to my local Library "Stairways to Heaven" today.

If possible - I liked it even more, as Lorna's faith in her Angel friends is so complete and natural, and the wonderful help she is to embodied people and the folks in Spirit is so encouraging for us all, too.

There are also some very profound and necessary messages there, about our world and her peoples, and her future.

Thanks for your suggestion too, Paun. Actually, I think it's quite important that we never fully agree with the beliefs which draw us - we are individuals, not clones, and expressing our own thoughts and feelings should be allowed within a faith belief, and is actually a healthy thing, too.

Another one for me to look up. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I can't "see for looking" but apart from a Paul McKenna thread here, I can't see any "spiritual"-type books covered, so - how about we start one here?

Over the last about 15 years of my life I've become more and more interested in this subject.

My own favourite authors are Diana Cooper - her books are wonderful, such easy-to-read fantastic, mind-and-heart stretching work!

Also, the White Eagle Lodge teachings - White Eagle's gentle wisdom is so reassuring in these days of strife and stress, and the books have been an important part of my personal "library" for ages, now. The main function of the White Eagle Lodge itself is spiritual healing, so the message of the books rest on that angle of our lives here on Earth...for humans, and all other creatures, and the Nature World, too.

I also connect very much to the books of Derek Acorah and Gordon Smith. I've often wondered if that's because we all three have Celtic origins :lol: - but whatever the reason, I feel as if I'm listening to old friends when I sink into a book of either one.

Basically though, I'm interested in all things spiritual, and would love to hear from anyone else who is too - and what sort of thing you read, of course.

There's a fascinating spiritual-world out there, and so many ways to explore it ....

Bye for now, all - Booknutt.

This is an interesting post. I like reading books like this too. Such as Colin Fry's and Tony stockwell's books. I've seen both of these guys on stage too and they are really special people.

Steve

Hi Steve -

It's good to hear from you, on this topic. :)

I've read a bit of Colin Fry and Tony Stockwell myself, and found them very interesting.

If there are any ones in particular which impressed you, you're welcome to share details and any comments with us here, Steve.

It's what this topic is all about - the more spiritual-type books, the better. :D

Hiya "91"

Glad to hear there's another interested party re: Lorna Byrne about!

You may be interested to know that she's brought another book now "Stairways to Heaven" which takes us a bit farther into her experiences, work, and wonderful faith.

Lorna's books ccme across as a bit "unique" re: the presentation because they're dictated into a computer and then printed, as spoken. So I read them as if I'm actually sitting across from her (with a nice cuppa) listening as she talks - "Irish-isms" and all! :) Actually, I find it one of the charms of her books - this is the real Lorna we hear, not some carefully edited text.

I hope you give give "Stairways" a try, 91 - it contains a lot of value for us as we move into 2012, and also shows how we each can do so much with just a bit of positive focus.

Yesterday I finish reading New Testament second time this year and this year I read Bible whole book New testament and Old testament and best book of history. But I going to visit America and only take backpack so I don't want to take Bible as very heavy and take room too much in backpack but does any people know small book about God which is good book and can find here. Thank you and God bless you.

Hiya "91"

Glad to hear there's another interested party re: Lorna Byrne about!

You may be interested to know that she's brought another book now "Stairways to Heaven" which takes us a bit farther into her experiences, work, and wonderful faith.

Lorna's books ccme across as a bit "unique" re: the presentation because they're dictated into a computer and then printed, as spoken. So I read them as if I'm actually sitting across from her (with a nice cuppa) listening as she talks - "Irish-isms" and all! :) Actually, I find it one of the charms of her books - this is the real Lorna we hear, not some carefully edited text.

I hope you give give "Stairways" a try, 91 - it contains a lot of value for us as we move into 2012, and also shows how we each can do so much with just a bit of positive focus.

I looked for "Stairways" in my local library, but they don't carry it. Only Amazon carries it I believe. I also wanted to buy it for my Nook or Kindle, but it only comes in hard copy AND Amazon doesn't sell it, I have to go through one of their carriers. Didn't this book come out earlier this year? Why is it so hard to find?

Yesterday I finish reading New Testament second time this year and this year I read Bible whole book New testament and Old testament and best book of history. But I going to visit America and only take backpack so I don't want to take Bible as very heavy and take room too much in backpack but does any people know small book about God which is good book and can find here. Thank you and God bless you.

Can you find just the New Testament in book form? That is much lighter to carry around. It is less than half the size of the full Bible.

If you really want to know about God Paun, I would recommend that you read the Conversations with God books by Neale Donald Walsch. The first book is quite slim from what I recall, but I should warn you that you won't want to stop there, but read the entire series. There are about 6 or 7 of them now, all of which are well worth a read. I can guarantee that you will learn a lot more from these about the nature of God/the Divine, whatever you choose to call it than you will from any version of The Bible and you won't ever look at things in the same way again !

If you really want to know about God Paun, I would recommend that you read the Conversations with God books by Neale Donald Walsch. The first book is quite slim from what I recall, but I should warn you that you won't want to stop there, but read the entire series. There are about 6 or 7 of them now, all of which are well worth a read. I can guarantee that you will learn a lot more from these about the nature of God/the Divine, whatever you choose to call it than you will from any version of The Bible and you won't ever look at things in the same way again !

Conversations with God is a brilliant set of books. I also enjoyed the books by Paul Ferrini. It is a series called "Reflections of the Christ Mind". Has anyone here read those?

Edited by busy91