Getting into the Spirit of things!

Booknutt

Maybe I can't "see for looking" but apart from a Paul McKenna thread here, I can't see any "spiritual"-type books covered, so - how about we start one here?

Over the last about 15 years of my life I've become more and more interested in this subject.

My own favourite authors are Diana Cooper - her books are wonderful, such easy-to-read fantastic, mind-and-heart stretching work!

Also, the White Eagle Lodge teachings - White Eagle's gentle wisdom is so reassuring in these days of strife and stress, and the books have been an important part of my personal "library" for ages, now. The main function of the White Eagle Lodge itself is spiritual healing, so the message of the books rest on that angle of our lives here on Earth...for humans, and all other creatures, and the Nature World, too.

I also connect very much to the books of Derek Acorah and Gordon Smith. I've often wondered if that's because we all three have Celtic origins :lol: - but whatever the reason, I feel as if I'm listening to old friends when I sink into a book of either one.

Basically though, I'm interested in all things spiritual, and would love to hear from anyone else who is too - and what sort of thing you read, of course.

There's a fascinating spiritual-world out there, and so many ways to explore it ....

Bye for now, all - Booknutt.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes definately, I have a small list here of 'spiritual' books that I've read/want to read: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/ErnieB&tag=Spirituality

I'm currently reading The Seat of The Soul by Gary Zukav, and have Sacred Contracts by caroline Myss in my TBR pile, both these books come highly recommended by Oprah, they've been on my wish list for years.

I'm not a big fan of spiritualism though. I read a few Doris Stokes books years ago and they gave me nightmares lol.

I am a spiritual writer and have stacks of books on this huge area of publishing. It is not so much the esoteric or paranormal stuff that I am interested in, but more the practicalities of actually living it. There are not that many books on spirituality that I find of interest these days, because I have moved through so much in recent years and most of them to me don't say much that is new or different. I have moved past the need to read about it, and need to live it and be it, if that makes sense.

Diana Cooper lives quite near me, and I actually met her on the Reiki Master course I did over 10 years ago now. We had a naughty etheric monk who tipped her off her chair and spilt copper paint all over our teacher! Actually it was me that brought the monk back with me after a trip into town for lunch, but I didn't tell them that ...

The first spiritual book I read was Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers, which seems terribly dated when I read it now, but is still relevant. The books that have influenced me the most though have been A Course in Miracles (I studied the course for about a year), the Conversations with God books and the works of Eckhart Tolle, particularly A New Earth, which changed my life.

Edited by Talisman

Hi Ernie and Talisman!

thanks for your idea, folks. :)

We each choose our own particular way to grow through our beliefs, and I love how there is such a choice - especially nowadays - for us to find our own way from.

Yes Ernie - I've read a few of Doris Stokes too - she was one of the earlier pioneers of contacting the world of Spirit, and did so in such a natural way, that it encouraged me to be less "scared" of such things. Of course, it is natural for us - we've just forgotten that!.

I loved the "Conversations" books too, Talisman. They made me think about the bigger picture, but in a very loving and supportive manner.

They also encouraged me to write to God myself - and it's amazing what appears on a page when I do so - God is a great penfriend! Handwriting is also useful in a practical way - for it's practice keeps our neural pathways fit - the "remembering" facility of our brains. Which probably helps our spiritual growth too - for it'll encourage our memories of past lives etc., too - do you think?

You're so lucky to have met Diana Cooper - she's one of my heroines! It takes courage to "walk our talk" in such a public way - and she's done a lot for the spiritual cause, with her work. It was quite a memorable meeting for you both too, by the sound of it. That's something we tend to forget too - communicating with Spirit can be fun! :D

It's great to hear from you both - nip back here and chat again, won't you?

Bye for now - Booknutt.

I've just ordered myself Diana Cooper's "Ascension through Orbs" I've already got the CD companion of this book, and the meditations it contains are beautiful.

Of course, I'm shamelessly a Diana-nutt, but I do love her simple presentation of the fantastic spiritual world (and beings of Light/Ascended Masters) she connects with. It's all out there for us - we only have to "open" to it!

I'd originally decided not to get the book as I do little photography myself, and no digital stuff, (her previous book "Enlightenment through Orbs" I had given to me by a friend) but have just read an excerpt of "Ascenson" in the latest "Cygnus Review" about Universal Angels and I can't wait to get crackin' :D!

Agreed, Talisman! Not to mention it's a place where Diana Cooper has a regular pageful all to herself, too!

Even if nothing specific calls to me from the pages of "Cygnus Review" I love just reading the mag itself, there's always something to learn from it, isn't there? Also,it's a place where you can order that wonderful little paper "Postiive News" from. It's so good to read about the good things happening in the world, and how WELL we're doing, isn't it? I gave up on regular newspapers and TV news years ago - I got tired of being depressed with their insistence on negative news.

I totally agree - I just can't be doing with any of that stuff anymore. I didn't realise that Positive News was still going. My subscription lasped a few years ago, and I never did round to renewing it. Great source of positive vibes, which let's face it, we all need.

I must confess though that these days there are very few spiritual books that really hold my interest - the works of Eckhart Tolle being a notable exception. Reading his words seems to put you into a whole new space, you can almost feel yourself shifting into a different dimension.

Most of my spiritual reading these days comes from online - two sites in particular are my favourite - Karen Bishops new site - Earth Angels (her updates on the ascension process are very close to what my partner and I have experienced) and Jelaila Starr's regular YouTube posts. If you haven't investigated these, or are familiar with their work, then I can wholeheartedly recommend them.

Thanks for that tip, Talisman - I'll be checking out the Earth Angels site for sure ... you may have noticed that I'm "big" on our celestial friends! :lol:

Yes - I must admit that I use the teletext or radio bulletins now to keep up with general news, myself. At least that way I can get the basic details without the focus on the suffering etc, so beloved by the news programmes, papers, etc., It's necessary to know where the problems are in order to send them healing, but important not to get drawn into the distress occuring at the time.

I decided a few years ago that fascinating as the loads of different "paths" are, I needed to choose my focus, and stick mainly to that. So I chose the White Eagle teachings, and the clarity of Diana Cooper's wisdom. I feel much better for it - for otherwise we tend to keep searching, and not settle to practise what we like - and that's a pity.

Of course - it's easy enough to change our focus if at some stage it feels "right" to move on - and there's nothing wrong with being "open" to anything else that comes by. The trouble is, that many people avoid spiritual practises, due to their experiences in churches where they were "forced" to follow the herd, even if it didn't feel "right" to them ... or be isolated.

The true beauty of spiritual practises is that each one of us is free to choose and enjoy walking our own separate path - we're individuals, and God, The Creator, Source etc., loves us for it.

What does everyone think? :)

From "Angel Inspiration" by Diana Cooper -

Meet the Angel of your home or workplace

Every home, office, hospital, school or even government building has it's own Angel looking after it.

When the energy is low, the Angels have a very diffficult task, and you can help them by raising it.

Each time you walk into a shop, sports centre, office block, someone's home, or any kind of building, you effect the energy there. When you are feeling angry, fearful or unwell, you bring negativity with you, which makes it more difficult for the Angel of the building to touch people and situations. When you are feeling bright, happy, loving and peaceful you bring a radiant light, which makes it easier for the Angel to help everyone in the place. If you walk in and bless the building, (silently is fine) that adds a great Light and you receive blessings in your turn. If you ohm, even if it is a silent ohm, you start to clear and cleanse the place.

Obviously it is easier to connect with the Angel of your home or workplace if the energy of the building is light and clear.

(Just one of the easy Light-enhancing tips this mine of Angel-information contains. :D)

How about it folks? Post a few snippets from your own favourite spiritual books - you may help someone choose their own path, through reading something here. :D

From "The Quiet Mind" by White Eagle

Help from Above

If you will be steadfast on the path to which your feet have been guided, you will find the treasure of life, a never-ending stream of help, and healing and happiness. We, your brothers and guides, are on the road by your side.

Not one of you stands alone.

You have only to ask in simple trust, and you shall receive; whatever your need, it shall be supplied.

Never Fear

Never fear your journey ahead, for as God has watched over you all your life and, in spite of your fears has brought you through all the trials and sorrows of your life, so He will take you through the darkest vale into the Light.

NB - "The Quiet Mind" is a small pocket sized book of a selection of the teachings of the spirit guide White Eagle, spokesperson of the Great White Brotherhood.

More White Eagle Lodge information is available at www.whiteagle.org

With Love and Light to all my Readers. :smile2:

• 3 weeks later...

"The Wonder of Unicorns" by Diana Cooper

Who the Unicorns Help

When a person is motivated to serve the community and make it better place, their Light shines brightly. And there have always been those who will stand up for what they know is right - for freedom and equality.

Such people are touched by Unicorn energy which gives them the strength to do what needs to be done. It does matter that they be religious, or even that they lead pure lives. But they must have a vision beyond themselves.

Bob Geldorf

Bob Geldorf has drawn the attention of the whole planet to the fact that half the world is starving. The Unicorn energy inspired the Feed the World song, and concerts. And ever since then, he has worked ceaselessly to keep peoples' focus on what is happening. He has a seed understanding of Oneness in his consciousness.

Jamie Oliver

This is another public figure who has been ridiculed and put down by sectors of the public who have tried to deride his passion for wholesome food for our children. And Unicorn energy has helped to sustain his courage and his vision. The spiritual worlds understand the importance of correct nourishment for our youngsters, (why don't we?!) especially the very sensitive and enlightened one, who are to light the way for humanity in the future.

Jo Frost (Supernanny)

Because society has broken down and parents no longer respect themselves, the children reflect this back to them with bad behaviour. Jo Frost has started to demonstrate to parents what is needed. She has taken a lot of flak and the Unicorns have come in to help her.

Unicorns help such people to ride the waves of disappointment, and gallop through the sticks and stones of criticism.

Other chapters -

Unicorn Orbs

The Power of Nature

Unicorns and the Bible

How to do a Unicorn Healing

Planetary Service

to state a few!

Edited by Booknutt
corrections

• 2 weeks later...

EASTER

At Easter-time when the great Sun pours forth it's rays upon the northern hemisphere, all life begins to stir. Most of the early Spring flowers in the northern hemisphere take upon themselves the colour of the Sun. Does not this Sun-colour stimulate your intellect and warm your heart?

Your heart leaps when you see the little golden flowers raising their heads from the dark earth and turning their faces to the Sun; for then all Nature is stirring and rising to glorify the Creator. All will admit that there is a natural law behind this awakening life and growth. But there is something more; there is a divine intelligence; and more even than this, there is a great warm heart.

Have you ever thought of the warmth of the Heart of God, the Heart of your Creator?

Come with us then; rise in consciousness above physical matter, into the realms of the Sun, or of the Spirit... Feel the warmth and glory and life-giving power of the Sun ... and then know that something of this Sun, or Spirit, is also in your heart. For within the human heart is a tiny replica of the Sun, of the Heart of God, the Creator...

taken from "White Eagle on Festivals and Celebrations"

• 2 weeks later...

They are quite possibly the books that have influenced me the most. They are definately up there in my list of top spiritual books, along with A Course in Miracles, the works of Eckhart Tolle, and Emissary of Light by James Twyman - another one of my spiritual teachers, who I have done several retreats with.

I went to see Neale talk in London a few years ago, and he has a great sense of humour and has great humility. I spoke to him afterwards and he signed my copy of CWG Book 2, which I still have.

So much of what those books makes perfect sense to me - the way that it is explained is so easy to understand.

How great for you to have met Neale, Talisman! I can understand why he's a modest kind of person - as the channel he's been chosen to be, a big ego would block the wisdom's he's brought to us for years, now!

There's a big difference between ego and self-worth, but human beings are so rarely comfortable with the distinctions.

Book 1 of the series, and Communion with God, are my two favourites. I especially love the parting words on the last pages of Book 1.

"Do not feel abandoned, I Am always with you ..." & etc., It's beauty made me cry the first time I read it, and still affects me deeply.

Do you have any specially-favourite parts yourself?

• 2 weeks later...

Taken from "Spiritual Unfoldment II" by White Eagle

Fairyland

It seems strange to some, to whom even the idea of the existence of the human soul beyond death is new and barely acceptable, to be told of a vast company of non-human beings whose life interpenetrates this Earth life, and who are helping onward the great plan of spiritual evolution.

This unseen life is behind all physical manifestation, from the very lowest degree of life, upward through the spheres to the very highest. Not only is this unseen life affecting every living form but it is also linked to life on other planets. There is no such thing in all creation as splendid isolation; there is in reality, no separation between the various forms of life, for we are all interdependent and all blend in one harmonious whole. Even what appears to be error, what appears to you to be evil or destructive serves a purpose in the great plan and has behind it the power, wisdom and love of God which is working through the Universe to bring good out of apparent evil; which is guiding and unifying all forms of life.

This will perhaps help you to understand the importance of your thinking.

You little realise what you create by impure or violent thought, or by thoughts of fear and despair. Sometimes people say that they have undesirable spirits near them; and it is difficult for us to explain that these undesirable spirits are nothing but creations of their own thoughts.

www.whiteagle.org

• 1 month later...

"Healing with the Fairies" Doreen Virtue

I've been deeply into this book for several days now, and already have had the benefit of Fairy help and healing for myself.

I never before realised that the Fairies are responsible for the balance and health of all things "earthly" - and that includes the physical bodies of human beings too!. They work under the supervision of the Angels (who of course, care for our spirit-side of us) but themselves do the actual "hands on" earthly stuff.

The Fairies passed this message to Doreen re: eating of animal products -

"You are eating the energy of pain every time you ingest animal flesh. The animal's suffering creates chemicals that flow through it's flesh, and when you eat that animal, you are ingesting pain. Pain lowers your frequency, and prevents you from hearing messages from the higher planes of the Spirit world. If you really want to be able to see and hear across the veil, stop eating meat. Dairy products are clogging your aura as well, and your "window screen" into Heaven will be clearer if you avoid dairy."

A few pages along came this message from the animals themselves -

"We don't mind you humans using us for food or clothing. It's the way you treat us while you are raising us, that's the problem."

from Doreen: - "The message took my breath away, because up until that time I believe it was wrong - no matter how an animal was raised - to use it for food or clothing. But the Fairies explained it this way" -

"You can choose to use no animal products, and there is a definite virtue in doing so. Yet look at how much the animals love you humans. Look at how devoted they are to your external happiness that they would give their own lives for you. They must be suffering greatly to even complain about their maltreatment. Help them, please, Be a voice for them, please. Create awareness of their suffering and pain, and we will do all we can to help you in this endeavour, now and always."

Edited by Booknutt

"The Elves of Lily Hill Farm" by Penny Kelly

This is the true tale of Penny's relationship with the land, grapes, animals, elements, and ... her resident Elves.

Her friendship with the Elves begins when they coax her into a deal to produce 100 tons of grapes from a 13 acre vineyard, working in harmony with Nature, and themselves.

The Elves teach Penny to see, hear, feel, taste, smell and touch the inherent sacredness of Nature ... and her inner self ripens during her experiences.

a message from the Elves to us all - "Ye are out of balance, and yer standard of living is so close to a nightmare that we are sure ye must all be asleep"

O.K. - we don't all own vineyards! But if you have a garden, or grow your own veggies, or even love your houseplants ... this is a fascinating book of the successul partnership Man (or in this case, Woman:)) and Nature can be.

• 1 month later...

- by Marcia Zina Mager.

"Believing in Fairies is an inspired journey into the elusive realm of Nature Spirits. Beautifully illustrated with fairy art, from a Master.

Here is a gift for any grown-up who's ever lost touch with the magic of childhood."

This is a special "read" - for anyone who was told as a child "fairies don't exist" - and allowed themselves to believe it! For they are here around us - just waiting to be recognised by you, again!

The book also contains Exercises to help your reconnection with these vital Nature Spirits, who are working hard to keep our world healthy.

They need our help.

Very well worth a look - either buying, or ordering at your local Library.

• 2 weeks later...

"Walking with Angels" White Eagle

Many books exist on the subject of Angels, but few give so poetic a guide as this, of how we can actually work with them.

"Every soul has it's own Guardian Angel, as well as the companionship of it's Guide.

As you come into your physical incarnation you are accompanied by both of these, the Angel and Guide.

Cultivate the habit of trusting the two who are always with you.

Walk your path in full consciousness of them, and give them all your confidence, for they are God's messengers."

www.whiteagle.org

• 3 months later...

"Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour which is Christ the Lord.

And this shall be a sign unto you, ye shall find the babe, wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the Angel a multitude of the Heavenly host praising God and saying "Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, goodwill to all men."

the King James Bible - St. Luke chapter 2, verses 9 - 14