Getting into the Spirit of things!

Booknutt

Paun - Have you heard of an organisation called The White Eagle Lodge? - they take their teachings from the New Testament. Have a "search" for it, you'll come up with a few links. They publish a fantastic little book called "The Quiet Mind" which is very comforting and reminds us of just how close God is to us all. It's very small - about the size of a handbag sized personal diary, and that, and a little paperback New Testament, would fit easily into a jean's pocket, for your travels.

Hmm ... I can't understand why there's a problem in getting "Stairways to Heaven" 91. It's out in both hardback and paperback here, I've just become the pleased owner of the latter, bought from a local "real" bookshop. It's also on Amazon here - so what about visiting the British site, and buying from there - ?

Good Luck with the hunt - it'll be worth it, I promise. :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news, 91! :D

I've just read a monthly newsletter from Lorna Byrne (which I've recently signed up for) - and "Angels in my Hair" is to be published in the USA on 1st November!

Lorna herself will be over there in a couple of weeks for a tour - you may be able to track that down. Y'never know - she might stop somewhere closeby you.

All good things are worth waiting for - yes? :)

• 3 months later...

Has anyone ever :readingtwo: the "Conversations with God" (Neale Donald Walsch)series?

I just love how these books speak the talk so simply - it's quite breathtaking!

Has anyone ever :readingtwo: the "Conversations with God" (Neale Donald Walsch)series?

I just love how these books speak the talk so simply - it's quite breathtaking!

Hi Booknutt. If you love conversations with God, why don't you try reading books written by saints themselves, youll be more amazed. I recommend those written by St. Theresa of Avila. This is not religion, and I am not converting you into from wherever you are right now. Just look at them as literary materials.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tip, Mossy - I'll see what my Library can do for me as regards saint's books.

I do agree with you too - faith or belief is nothing to do with "religion". Religion is the practise that mankind created in order to exert control over the masses (I.e. you must do this ...)

We can believe in our God without ever entering a place of worship!

"A Message of Hope from the Angels" by Lorna Byrne

"Angels love to be around us because we each possess a soul. When Angels are with us - imperfect as we may feel we are - they are in the presence of the Light of God. We embody God.

Just think about it. God loved each and every one of us so much that he has given us a part of himself.

I'm not sure that we humans have really grasped just how wonderful this is."

I'm not sure we have, either! - but this book will help all of us as we deal with the daily issues we all grapple with as we live our lives.

I'm not familiar with any of the books discussed in this thread. I haven't actually looked for spiritually-oriented books.

But a few years ago I came across the mystic poetry of the Sufi saint Rumi - reading it always stirs something inside.

And like spirituality, or indeed poetry, it's open so many interpretations, each speaking a truth to the reader depending on the stage he is in his journey.

I thought I'll add a few of my favourite verses here~

Every object and being in the universe is

a jar overflowing with wisdom and beauty,

a drop of the Tigris that cannot be contained

by any skin. Every jarful spills and makes the earth

more shining, as though covered in satin.

I don't know where I am.

At times I plunge

to the bottom of the sea,

at times, rise up

like the Sun.

At times, the universe is pregnant by me,

at times I give birth to it.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,

there is a field. I will meet you there.

I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?

Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation

There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled.

There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled.

You feel it, don't you?

Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.

He is a letter to everyone. You open it. It says, 'Live!'

• 2 months later...

Another goodie from the White Eagle library - "The Best of White Eagle" is a wonderful "taster" of the range of the teachings available from this special spirit guide.

Extracts from all his work so far which can be read individually, or from beginning to end forming connected guidance for any seeker - or a refresher course for an established follower.

Best of all, each extract has the original book source mentioned, so if one particular section rings true with you - you can then get the book and go more deeply into that angle.

A valuable addition to your spiritual collection. :smile:

• 6 months later...

For anyone interested in looking after our world (or for a Christmas gift for someone who is?) -

"Earth Healer" from the White Eagle Lodge library of pubications.

This is is a visually lovely book, with photographs of natural scenes which can be used for meditation (or just admiration) and the beautiful prose which comprises the teachings of White Eagle.

The Christmas Season is nearly here, so I'll share a snippet -

"As the Angels draw near and bless us with their peace we raise our hearts to the Infinite, the Divine Spirit of Love, and we thank God for our creation, our preservation and all the joys and beauties of the world. Amen"

Wishing all who read this topic a Merry Christmas, and loads of good stuff for your New Year. :grinhat:

Edited by Booknutt

• 2 weeks later...

Just spotted today "Hands of an Angel" by Helen Parry Jones.

Another addition to my personal library of "angel ladies" who also work as spiritual healers, with the aid of Angels or their guides.

I've heard great things about this lady, and am looking forward to getting into this, her first book - her followers are already waiting impatiently for her next one! :grinhat:

• 1 month later...

For anyone who is new to, or interested in, the world of Spirit and it's doings,- I'm deeply into the Derek Acorah books at present.

Derek has had his "knockers" over the years, but has survived them. He's gone on from strength to strength to become the best-known Spirit Medium in this country and maybe the world ... because he's genuine in what he does, and that shines through.

Any of his books radiate his common sense attitude, and are very informative and reassuring.

A good place to start from, or to refresh your beliefs.

• 5 months later...

Currently reading "Out on a Limb"  by the irrepressible Shirley MacLaine!

For a book several decades old, this journey of spirit made by Shirley still grabs the attention, and takes her readers on an incredible mind-opening journey.

Perhaps best for anyone who isn't looking for bedtime reading .... for there's just too much here to think about. :smile:

• 8 months later...

For any fans of Lorna Byrne - just a reminder that her next book "Love from Heaven" is due at the end of April 2014. 

Anyone not already a fan? Well, if you're interested in Angels Lorna's books are a great straightforward place to get started. :smile:  

• 2 years later...

Have just bought Conversations with God Book 4. (Neale Donald Walsch) It's been quite a while since I've read any of this series, but glancing through it feels like reconnecting with an old pal again. I've been away too long.

Anyone else out there reading spiritual stuff?

A short while ago I read The Mysteries of the Crystal Skulls by Chris Morton, which goes into a fair amount of depth regarding spirituality, and the history and meaning behind the skulls.  I preferred the first half of the book to the latter half, which I felt was too repetitive.  I've read a few books on this subject now.  Crystal skulls fascinate me, and I have a large collection of my own.  They're characterful, energetic little beasties.  :)

I've wanted to read a book by Darryl Anka (who channels Bashar) for a while now, but haven't been able to source anything at a reasonable price.  I find his talks/channelings absolutely fascinating.

Booknutt, you mentioned Diana Cooper earlier on in the thread.  Have you ever tried using her Oracle cards?

Oracle and Tarot are another of my great loves.  :)

Life is interesting sometimes depending upon the angle you look at it. I read a book titled 'my life your life by Charles Barfi' from amazon and it amazed how someone survived what destroys the life of many. It is interesting how the 'unseen' creates what is 'seen'