Harlan Coben

Inanna

Another author who seems to be well liked is Harlan Coben.

I have read one of his books Tell No One and I loved it, now I have another 3 sat on my shelf waiting to be read, and another 3 on their way to me.

Here is the list of his books:

Deal Breaker (Myron Bolita)

Drop Shot (Myron Bolita)

Fade Away (Myron Bolita)

Back Spin (Myron Bolita)

One False Move (Myron Bolita)

The Final Detail (Myron Bolita)

Darkest Fear (Myron Bolita)

Tell No One

Gone For Good

No Second Chance

Just One Look

The Innocent

Promise Me (Myron Bolita)

Here's the link to his site as well ~ Harlan Coben Site

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've read mostly his stand alone books and only one Bolitar. He has an interesting and twisty way of writing, and I have enjoyed all of them. I do find he has a bit of a pattern, but that doesn't take away from the story IMO.

I think one of the things I like about him is that his hero is always someone that has truly loved, and Coben has a knack for putting that across with out being flowery and too mushy. Just plainly states the facts. Of course that is in addition to a great mystery. :thud:

I've discovered Harlan Coben fairly recently and like his books. I've read No Second Chance, Promise Me and Back Spin and enjoyed them all.

Inanna - is your list of Myron Bolitar books in order of publication? Because I wanted to try and read the rest in order, but I didn't know which was the first, so picked Back Spin (which turned out not to be the first). I like the Bolitar character, as Coben manages to write quite a good line in self-deprecating humour, which is possibly quite unusual for an American author. I also found the character of Win fascinating - you'd certainly want him on your side, wouldn't you? :thud:

Anyway, I am lucky that a cheapy book shop in my town sells a lot of his books for

Fantasticfiction.co.uk is invaluable for finding the order in which books were written plus it gives information on which series they belong to. You simply find the author and it gives a list of all their books.

Thanks for that, Judy! I was trying to do the sensible thing and look at the publishing dates, but there was nowhere to put the books down so I was almost juggling them, and the shopkeeper started giving me funny looks, so in the end I gave up! :thud:

I often use this site at work and print off lists for readers enquiring about favourite writers - it allows them to work their way down the list ticking off each book as they read it - I'd be totally lost without the fantasticfiction site.

I often use this site at work and print off lists for readers enquiring about favourite writers - it allows them to work their way down the list ticking off each book as they read it - I'd be totally lost without the fantasticfiction site.
I do the same!

I'm a bit confused. I normally use Harlan Coben's official site and thought I had read all of his books. I decided to have a look at

Fantasticfiction.co.uk

and there are 2 early books Miracle Cure & Play Dead which I am sure I haven't read and don't appear on his official website. Can anyone throw some light on this?

• 8 months later...

I love Harlan Coben books, they are the only thrillers that I can really get into as I really love romance books and find it difficult to read other types. I never miss a Harlan Coben book.

Aromaannie, I am not sure about the 2 books you mentioned as I haven't seen or read them but I do know his website is quite good and it lists all his books in order.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be starting "The Woods" tomorrow, then I think I'll have read all his paperback novels. I hope he writes some more Myron Bolitar stories.