Neighbours

Cadenza

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago, Phoebe Bright had a baby at 17. Her boyfriend was killed on the day she went for her abortion so she didn't go through with it. That was in about 1991 I believe.

Was she 17? That's the first Neighbours episode I remember, would have been about 4 at the time :D

I watch Neighbours on and off (was brought up with it), haven't watched it in a few weeks though so I have just seen the pic of replacement Libby. I don't get why soaps ever do that, it just feels so wrong! Can't the actor just go away for like a family emergency or something? Libby's friend or brother Billy could be going through a crisis and need her there. All solved.

The trouble is with the scripting. It's not as easy as a character just going away (unless it's a planned absence) because the scripts are worked months in advance.

When Will left Neighbours a couple of years ago, they just gave all his lines to Oliver. The same when the actor who played Joe Mangle was suspended - Valda took over his lines. In the case of Libby, this just wasn't possible so the temporary cover was deemed necessary. Otherwise all the scripts would have had to be rewritten at ridiculously short-notice - and that would have bought a different type of complaint.

I missed the episode when he died, it was when I was in second year of uni and didn't have a TV, my family used to keep me updated over phone :)

AHAH! Nice.

Is Neighbours popular in the UK?