longest novel ????

crotalus_p

Guest radjack
I thought it was six?

"Although generally known to readers as a trilogy, Tolkien initially intended it as one volume of a two volume set, with the other volume to be The Silmarillion"

in Wikipedia

"Although generally known to readers as a trilogy, Tolkien initially intended it as one volume of a two volume set, with the other volume to be The Silmarillion"

in Wikipedia

Thanks for that!

I'm not saying don't believe it, but I'm sure how accurate that article is.

I'm sure I heard a slightly different account of how it came to be published around the time the films came out, and I'm pretty certain The Silmarillion was never seriously in the frame for publication at any point.

Either way, the full volume of LotR only runs to 1193 pages in the copy I have, that's a bit shorter than some of the other books mentioned here!

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the Wikepedia page. :lol:

Well, I think the longest book I own right now is perhaps 'Verander de Tijd' which is a Dutch translation of 'Redeem the Time' by Sue Frost with about 560 pages, that's very meagre compared to the more than thousand pages of some of your books. :lol: