Finish the thought, game (join in)

'Yep,' thought Ellie, 'a soggy bag of crisps, that would just about round off the riveting evening. I think I'll pass thanks Gilbert, better get on home, pressing things to do and all that,  you know. My cats locked outside and I think I left the iron on.' 

'Oh right, right! Don't let me keep you. Same time next week then?'

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

chucked it across the room.  It bounced off one of the hubcaps his cousin Ollie had given him, and exploded with an interesting spoinging kind of sound, denting the hubcap into the bargain. He was never at his best in the morning. He shrugged, he needed a new one anyway and now he was a multi-millionaire, it was time he ...

Edited by poppy

'What?' The Uncooperative Bank on Dork Lane were not known for their polite customer service. 'Supermarket Gilbert?? I didn't ask you where you shopped, man! Your name, your name!!'

'Ermm it's Gilbert Supermarket ...sir.'

'What kind of a name is that?? Ridicuous! What can I do for you, I haven't got all day you know" He looked Gilbert up and down. 'You realise this is an exclusive bank, don't you? You'd be better suited taking your custom to the Budget Banking Services on Billycan Alley!

'Well sir, you see, it's like this ...

..I paid in a windfall of twenty five million smackeroons, so muchso that the amount had Ellie drooling. Had a date with me , she did...doesn't like ending a date on a high, declining mustard and sprout flavoured crisps last night.Your colleague Ellie."

"Oh good man, good man..a man of the world", drawled Dave, deferential suddenly.

"I need investment advice", said Gilbert, pretending that....

he was inspecting a fly on the wall about a foot above Drawly Dave's right ear.

'Certainly, certainly!' Dave replied, 'You have two options, you can invest your money long-term at an interest rate of 5%, that should bring you in the tidy little sum of ....' he did some rapid calculations on his calculator, 'approximately one and a quarter million a year or you can have an on-call account at 2.5%.'

'That doesn't sound very much, I better go for the first option.'

'Good choice, good choice, just sign here and we'll sort it all out for you. No, no don't worry about the fine print, mere formalities, you know what these legal beagles are like, dotting every i and crossing every bridge! Hahahahaha.'

due to be demolished the next day. The council had condemned it as unfit for human or animal or in fact, rodent habitation and had slapped an eviction DO NOT ENTER notice on the front door. Of course, Gilbert had immediately removed it and had no intention of taking the slightest bit of notice of any limitations imposed on the gathering together of his motley collection of possessions. But now seemed as good a time as any to ...

latte and a sticky bun? I left my wallet at home!'

Gilbert assumed he was talking to the befuddled side of the partnership.

'Actually I'm here to look at houses.' Gilbert wasn't falling for that trick.

'Oh you'll have to talk to Garble about that, I only handle ...

unfair it was to be lumbered with that kind of thing! I mean to say, what does one feed a gerbil to lure it out of it's hide? For all I know they could be highly dangerous and bite. Next thing you know, you've contracted rabies and where would you be then, I ask you?

Gilbert had no idea where he would have been then and quite frankly ...

hd couldn't give a damn. "Houses, mush", he declared, his ludicrous middle of the road moustache belying the fact that hr was truly a little aggressive firebrand when provoked. "We do have a mansion in Chelsea, Smurf gardens, no 123", declared a balding man in tweed, with a black plastic petticoat to boot."I am Horatio Edgar Garble", the man...

announced, holding out a very large and rather flabby hand with carefully manicured nails. He obviously wasn't a man used to any kind of physical labour.

'Fine little place, pretty garden, it's own resident smurf, not to mention a fine array of garden gnomes. Suit you right down to the ground, old chap. Move there myself, by jove,  if wasn't for the little lady of the house. Hates blue, don't you know, dash it all!'

Gilbert began to wonder what sort of establishment he'd entered, it was all taking on a rather surreal quality, only heightened further when ...

croissant. Maybe, Gilbert thought, living in Uncle Marv's would be a better option than dealing with all the crazies in the real estate fraterntiy.  Probate hadn't gone through, but that was a minor detail really, he was sure to be able to keep a low profile in that huge house. Time to go and suss the place out. He rang his mum for a ride.

up a cwt of elephant food, and some tin hats and earplugs. 'I know that neighbour of ours, Mr Raven, is rather dotty but he's very sound on screaming wood mites and protective headwear. We better not forget Ermintrude, though it's going to be a tight fit, what with elephant supplies and all. She's not exactly ...