Finish the thought, game (join in)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do bees follow you in a swarm?' she screeched, batting at them with her handbag. Florence blasted her with flyspray which just made the bees mad and Rosetta scream even louder. Blinded and choking she groped for the door only to find herself clutching ...

the hand of Wilf Supermarket, known as dad to poor Gilbert. Attracted by anything in a,skirt and under60, 61,yr ildMr Supermarket decided to calm the attractive damsel down somewhat. This he surmised, would be aided by a beseeching, slimily supportive stance and wheedling, nasal voice.

"Tour dress is lovely my dear, and,so are you",he murmured.

Sat down with a teacup,

Edited by itsmeagain

making an effort to make people comfortable. Picking at his ears with hid left little finger, Gilbert said" Dad , gimme the check mish, I need then to go have a word in private with Rosetta".

Wilf shuffled aimlessly over to a coat rack. Into the left hand coat pocket of a beige leather jacket, sweat began to prickle upon Wilfred's,shiny wet balding bonce, as he whispered hoarsely

"Flo Flo oh Florence where the hell is his cheque?"

Rosetta,suddenly became very keen on seeming happy.

She asked zFlorence

"Would you agree, love, that your boy Gillypops is a grand looking....

Edited by itsmeagain

gentleman? I can't understand why some tarty young slapper ...uh hum I mean, tasty young slender thing, hasn't snapped him up years ago.'

'Really dear, is that what you thinks? They do say love be blind, but that's pushin' it a bit far even for a blindman!'

This affectionate little tete-a-tete was abrubtly interrupted by an agonised yell from Gibert, 'You've done WHAT?????'

Soaked in sweat by now, an agonised Wilf lurched asthmatically into the yard, his hand entered the bin and furrowed about for the 25 million cheque. Florence tipped up the paper bin, and there on top of a,copy of zThe Times, was the cheque.

Florence said"Here son, here is the cheque", and she put it in her sons sweaty greasy little wet palm.

Back inside, Wilf wanted ....

a stiff drink to steady his nerves.

'I'm off to the bank to deposit this before you senile old fogies do anything else to destroy my precious life savings,' growled Gilbert.

'Fat lot you've done to earn it, and don't you go calling us senile old fogies, show a bit of respect for those that brung you up right.'

'I'll come with you,' trilled Rosetta, grabbing Gilbert's arm and....

thrusting her chest at him.

Gilbert began the short walk to the bank , and declared he had a bone to pick with the suddenly amorous Rosetta.

" What's all the affection?"

"How do you mean love?"

"You threw me into the river only days ago and now you are all over me like a rash".

In the bank Rosetta nearly fainted as she realised how much dosh was being put in.

"Twenty five million", said the pretty female behind the counter. "What are you doing tonight?"

Rosetta smiled and said"Come along dear Gilbert, we have things..nice cosy things. to do."

Not wanting. ..

to limit his options, he slipped her his number on a grubby piece of fish and chip wrapper he happened to have on his person. 'Give me a ring sometime.'

'Cor!!!' the teller gasped breathlessly.

'Come on you!' Rosetta dragged Gilbert out of the bank. 'You have to watch little gold-diggers like her, give them the shove as soon as they start seeing dollar signs.'

So Gilbert did exactly that. As they were crossing the Dirgely Bottom Bridge, a sluggish, muddy, litter-filled river, he ....

pushed Rosetta into the sludge filled mess below, and he cried " That's a lesson to the biggest , greediest, gold digger I ever met, and my uncle Marv used to dig in the Klondike gold fields back in '93."

Terrified, Rosetta was suddenly freezing, wet through, and attracting the attention of the passersby.

"Oh now what's the matter here then dear?", asked Laura Teaterer, 32, from Kentish Town.

"Throw me a lifeline", cried Rosetta, "or I will drown."

Laura looked about for a suitable piece of cloth.

Seeing bed sheets on the washing line of Paul Knot Guilty, 45, of Brixham, Laura ripped a very long purple bed sheet from the line and. ..

Edited by itsmeagain

threw it ineffectually in Rosetta's general direction. It sunk slowly into the sludge. 'Hoy!!' yelled Paul, 'what in hell's name do you think you're doing with my brand new sheets??' Laura explained that desperate times called for desperate measures.

'What do you mean 'desperate times', the river's no more than two foot deep, she can wade out any time she wants!' By this stage Rosetta was ...

absolutely soaked, and staggering down Nausea avenue, she alighted outside a haberdashery, and went in

"Not another naked one!?",

declared Dave Gilcup, the proprietor.

"Ridiculous,really,a weird man named Gilbert came in yesterday,saying....

Edited by itsmeagain

....DON'T EVER MENTION THE NAME OF THAT GRIMY LITTLE LOW-LIFE, SLIMEY SLUG CREEPING, SON OF A BEEP TO ME EVER AGAIN!' Rosetta interrupted.

'I didn't think much of him myself,' replied Dave mildly, pulling up a chair for Rosetta and patting it for her to sit down, 'tell me all about it.' Dave had rather a thing about loud, vulgar-mouthed woman. After she'd described all the things that had happened, including Gilbert's recent inheritance, he formulated a plan for them.

help compensate for the reprehensible way in which you've been treated. And to further salve your wounded feelings, I would like to take you to Chez L'amour Coq, that exclusive French restaurant, where we can dine on the choicest cuisine whilst sampling some of the Riveria's best wines and you can tell me more about this twenty-five million Gilbert's coming into to. Together I think we could ...

'As I was saying, together I think we could disguise ourselves as staff seeking employment and gain bank account details and other useful information.  Are you up for a complete makeover? Not that you need one, my dear, but for the sake of bettering ourselves quite substanially....what do you say?

Edited by poppy

Appalled, Mr Gilcup ushered her out of the shop, with a "phoo, the very audacity of this thing, is staggering."

"Dear man, I...." , but Rosetta,was on the pavement, her wet dirty clothes leading to attention from the public like there had never been before.

Rosetta thought she would....

Appalled, Mr Gilcup ushered her out of the shop, with a "phoo, the very audacity of this thing, is staggering."

"Dear man, I...." , but Rosetta,was on the pavement, her wet dirty clothes leading to attention from the public like there had never been before.

Rosetta thought she would....

die of embarrassment. What a hellish day!! So close to achieving everything she'd ever wanted and felt entitled to and then to have it snatched away so ignominiously at the last minute. Damn and blast (censored) Gilbert Supermarket!! Rosetta tossed her head and made a rude gesture at a group of small boys pointing at her and ...

Bobby McGinty, aged six, shouted " Get lost,,broad", in a fake American accent.

Five miles away, Gilbert was answering his mobile.

"Hi there...is that Gilbert? Yes, it's Ellie here...from the bank. Are you free tonight?"

At this, Gilbert was basically

a blithering, stuttering, quivering mess. 'E...e...ell...ie? Um, yeah, yeah, um, yeah, I'm free.'

'I thought you might like to shout me out to that exclusive restaurant on Posh St,' suggested Ellie.

'Sure!' and Gilbert accidentally ...

8 pm on the dot. But before that, he decided, he needed a complete makeover, a whole new look in keeping with his new status as well-to-do Lord of the Manor. Tweeds, a tweed cap to match and a walking stick perhaps? Also a haircut, manicure, pedicure and of course a ....