Finish the thought, game (join in)

'What do you suggest, Dex?' asked Carlina, 'I am not familiar with many of these drinks.'

'Gin and orange for me, Dex, thanks, make it a triple will you? I like to taste the gin.' That was Poppy.

Itsme wandered in, 'Usual for me, mate.'

Dex began to wonder about his credit card balance, but his concerns were quickly brushed aside when he viewed .....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.....and staggered back again, laden down with drinks. He threw back a couple of doubles to bolster his confidence but it had the effect instead of making his metaphors and proverbs even more mixed than usual. 'This is going to be as easy as killing two birds in the bush with one rolling stone' he declared to no-one in particular.

Carlina giggled. 'You can't squeeze moss from a rolling stone and eat it too,' she remarked. Dex's eyebrows shot up in surprise. He felt he'd finally .....

Cracked it.."Oh Carolina, oh missy Carolina, oh Carolina..jump and prance" hedrawled, his torso swaying from side to side, his drinks shaking in the glasses on the table. This is great, thought Carlina, a man who knows everything but my name...

Edited by itsmeagain

Dex said "Tell me Carolina, from where do you hail?"

"Kingston, Jamaica,dear Dexy. Have you met Dexy's midnight runners? I have!! And for no charge, I can introduce you..do you want to come to my place sometime to look at my collection of memorabilia?" she enquired, swirling her pink tongue round the rim of her glass.

"Are you addressing me?" asked Dex , in a hazy, uncertain of what's going on type of a way.

Edited by itsmeagain

'Can you see any other dear Dexy's here?' she giggled, 'of course I'm talking to you!'

'Well then,' Dex replied, 'let's go peruse your collection right now!'

'You fancy a trip to Jamaica then?' Carlina asked.

'Just wait while I grab my passport!'

but I'm sure there'll be no problem changing it to yours. They tootled off to the check-out counter to enquire.

Meanwhile, Itsme was rather relieved he'd whittled the female household population down to two. Apart from anything else, it was hell trying to find a vacant spot for the bathroom, and ..........

as for the kitchen..well,Anna and Poppy were duly espied making a massive cake, and whispering quietly. This last type of vocalisation stopped, with a red face each, when itsme went in, book in hand, to.....

Edited by itsmeagain

enquire if there was any tea in the pot. He was promptly told to go and sit down, put his feet up and was duly presented with a steaming mug of tea and a large slice of Lumberjack Cake.

'It's a new recipe, we haven't tried it before. What do you think?' they enquired.

we've got some good news for you. Today our visas came through, so we're all legal now. We can go on with our travel plans and leave you in peace. It's been so kind of you to have us all here, we really do appreciate your generosity.'

Itsme was ....

taken aback at the suddenness of the announcement, it was just as if he was being abandoned. Just as he mulled it over, a shrewd idea hit him."I do have books to read, places to go, tea to drink, work to do", he replied sweetly, " so really, girls, no need to feel bad".

"We don't", said,Poppy,...

bobsledding. Blizzard conditions of late have prevented me from indulging. And of course there's the rum.'

Anna planned to spend all her time sunbathing, 'I've still got a lot of Russian winter to thaw from my bones,' and Poppy hoped there'd be some cricket one-dayers to watch. So packing up the left-over cake and a few .....

Cuba, and in addition, they were just sat sipping pineapple juice, when a drrrrrrrrrrrring sound from Dex's pocket left him in the knowledge that his phone was still on.

"Hello?" intoned Dex, uncertainly.

"Dex it's your mum.Just ringing to say it's Christmas day and you haven't turned up..are you ok?"

"Am ok, if ok is encompassed within being stuck on a plane headed for Cuba..hijacked away from Jamaica."

Dex's mum was able to....

Edited by itsmeagain

collapse into a chair before fainting clean away. Drrrrrring went his phone again. Which just went to show that all these warnings about cell phones interfering with flight navigation equipment was a load of old hogwash. 'Dexy, is that you? I miss you darling,' a little girl voice wheedled over the phone.

'Not now, Trixie, I'm ......

In the middle of something,something oh oh ooooooooh, noooooo" bellowed Dex, as the plane began to tilt dangerously.

Unfazed, Trixie berated Dex for having the audacity to do " dirties" during a call from her.

"You agreed only to do naughties with me" ,she declared, impetuously.

Head hijacker and card sharp, Etienne de Nogood, 34, roared into the plane's PA system....

Edited by itsmeagain

'It is I, Etienne de Nogood speakings. Leesten very carefully, I vill say ziss only vonce. I vill come down your main passage and you vill put all your valuables in my leetle duffel bag. Are zere any questions?'

Everyone started speaking at once, 'What's he saying?', 'We don't speak French!', 'You'll have to speak in English', 'What's he going to do down our back passage??', 'Why can't he say it again?'