Finish the thought, game (join in)

As if Onduty hadn't enough problems, the car radio spluttered into life as the car hit Sheffield. "PC Onduty, your location please? " Cor streuth thought Dennis,as he flew down the motorway beyond Meadowhall, and on into Sheffield."PC Onduty, burglary in Forcedoor Parade, Chavville, London.Attend please."

Edited by itsmeagain

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He quickly turned it off. 'Stop playing with the radio Trixie, or I'll have to handcuff you!'

'Oooooo, you like those sort of games do you? Me too!' Trixie giggled and turned it on again. 'Copy Mr Officer-Sergeant, 10-4 big buddy, Mama Bear reads you. We're on our way with bells and doodah buttons. Over and out.'

PC OnDuty's face got very red and puffy. He slammed on the brakes, causing Dex, who was still following gamely behind, to .....

Trixie flew out of the car, over to Dex and threw her arms round his neck. "Oh Dexie, I've had such an adventure, I'm going to tell you ALL about it!'

'I can't wait,' said Dex, smiling, 'but before you do, there's just one thing I have to do. Go and sit in the car, I'll be there in a minute.'

Dex walked over to PC Onduty, took a swing, caught him neatly under the chin, and laid him out cold.

PC Onduty fell to the floor. PC Onduty went to his car. PC Onduty said into his radio "PC Onduty here, and all is well. I am in Sheffield and I have a reason. I am turning round and returning to London. Chavville burglary? Will be there in three hours time."

"PC Onduty, report to Inspector Teabody in his office on return to London." came the reply.

Meanwhile Dex

took out his Swiss Army knife, which went with him everywhere (along with odd bits of string, a hair-pin and paper clip, a pocket edition of Beginner's Guide to Astronomy and a spare sausage sandwich, just in case) and punctured PC Onduty's tyres.

Then hopping nonchalantly into the car with Trixie, he ............

'Dexie,' Trixie said in her most wheedling, little girl voice, something she'd found highly effective with most of the men in her life :roll: , 'could we get a car with a siren and flashing light and one of those walkie-talkie radios? Please Dexie, PLEASE! They're so much fun. You could pretend to be a policeman and handcuff me and things.'

"Well,' replied Dex, thoughtfully, 'I don't know about the siren and flashing light, but now you mention it, a CB radio might be handy. I've got a mate who knows how to tune into the cop channel .....hmm that could be interesting. I might be able to mess with PC Onduty a little bit more. ' An evil plan was formulating in Dex's mind.

now several weeks since our intrepid travellers had landed in South Africa. Tintaglia had found a wonderful wild life park for Bertrand and because she had such a rapport with animals, she'd been offered a job there, which she'd accepted. Poppy unfortunately, had got involved in some civil rights protest march and was now languishing in jail, awaiting deportation. Itsme had kindly bought her books to read, to help while away the time. She was presently ploughing through the six volume omnibus edition of The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, unbridged. Itsme decided it was time to .......

Leave South Africa so he asked poppy if she wants a plane ticket to accompany him on the flight? Tintagkia was unavailable for comment and so she stayed in SA. Poppy and itsme, our virtual cyber word game veterans, went to the airport in a taxi.

It had taken some fast talking and greasing of palms to get Poppy out of clink but the fact she'd been singing Please Release Me almost constantly, very loudly and very out of tune, probably had quite a lot to do with her early release. Seating themselves on the plane, they breathed a sigh of relief, but their troubles were far from over. Itsme, loath to put Shanti in the cargo hold,  had hidden her in his carry-on bag, and she was starting to ...........

Meow plaintively, for food. The plane was pre takeoff and itsme didn't want the cat to be discovered. So as Irina Katerinova Strepsilova, from Moscow, the flight attendant, approached,itsme made mouth movements, like he was a plaintively meowing tabby. "Don't worry, he's practising for our next play , Tonico the Portuguese cat, " cried poppy, speculatively.

She gave a big wink. Irina stared at them hard. 'Vell make sure you don't disturb the other passengers. I vill be vatching you!'

Poppy giggled while Itsme surreptitiously fed Shanti cat biscuits from a supply he had stashed in his pocket.

'Is something not in order, Officer?' Poppy gave her most winning, winsome smile and fluttered her eyelashes. It had not the slightest effect. 'Drats!' thought Poppy, 'How does Trixie do it??'

'Follow me,' commanded Mr Gutterbin,' we'll need to examine your luggage and do a strip search. And you can wipe that ridiculous look off your face while you're at it! The wind might change and then think how silly you'll feel.'  She poked her tongue out behind his back.

Itsme quickly grabbed his bag with Shanti inside and ........

Edited by poppy

Made a hasty exit...how chivalrous of me declared itsme privately..there's popsicle thinking i am abandoning her, when i am just off to collect her uk visa from theNZ embasssy..i will be back popsy he mused..i will be back..but poppy was whisked to a quarantine cell and fed cold beans with spam and hard egg..not too appetising.

'Well, anyway, it's better than the buffalo jerky they gave me in the Cape Town jail,' thought Poppy.

Itsme waved his arms frantically at a passing taxicab and it pulled up with a screech of brakes. Who should be inside but Dex and Trixie!!

'What? How? .....' stuttered Itsme, hopping in.

'Long story,' sighed Dex, 'it's got an RT.'
'Tell me later, we need to go to the NZ embassy. We've got to rescue Poppy!'

'We do?? What for?' asked Dex.

quite annoyed. 'Is she really worth that much, do you think?'

'It's OK,' said Itsme, I'm sure she'll pay you back. I'd cough up myself but I haven't had a chance to change my rands into pounds. You don't take rands by any chance, cabby?'

'Wat the 'ecks a rand when it's at 'ome? I ain't no pimp, you know!' asked Master Smith.

No help there!

Hey and a Ho and a Hey Nonny No, and Shanti, newly released from her carrier bag, joining in with a joyful yowl. Trixie giggled, Dex scowled and the taxi driver turned up his radio full bore, overpowering them with Judas Priest. 'Ahhhh, that's better,' said Dex.