Finish the thought, game (join in)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'How To Train Your Camel' and 'The Wonderful World Of Concrete' (helps me fall asleep explained Itsme.) Tintaglia included 'Clarence The Cross-Eyed Lion', Bertrand liked to have that read to him at bedtime and Poppy insisted on a well-thumbed copy of 'Campfire Cooking With Camel Dung: 101 Remarkable Recipes.' So with everything packed up and ready, they set forth for ........

the great streets of London. When they passed a large department store, it became really hard for Poppy to resist, and she went in with Tints, leaving Dex and itsme in the street with books , flasks etc. Well , a little girl spotted Poppy's pet...look mum those ladies have got a lion..the lady shrieked...

Edited by itsmeagain

They're not ladies, but ***** you could be forgiven for thinking so. Dex had been made to carry some of poppy's provisions and had resorted to tying some of the more colourful items around his waist(Which was considerable) and itsme ...

They're not ladies,

:rolol:

couldn't help grinning at his appearance. 'You give a whole new meaning to the word 'wasted', Dex. We'll just call you the bag lady, sorry .... person.'

Poppy burst out of the store laden down with a huge assortment of boxes and bags.  'Just a few more of the bare essentials,' she gasped. 'Why Dex, how very noble of you to carry all my stuff. You're quite the gentleman! I'm afraid I'm going to have to tie a few more things on, I seem to have over estimated my gross laden weight here!'  The parts of Dex's reply that were repeatable sounded something like ..............

'Ok you lot,' said Itsme, 'time to head for the train station, then it's off to Southhampton to catch a boat for deepest darkest Africa!' It took several taxis and a couple of shuttle vans to accomodate all their gear, and there was an awkward moment when Bertrand threatened to bite a taxi driver. However, they finally squeezed everyone and thing in..... that only left the small problem of who was going to pay??

I could make the whole journey, dining on the finest sausage sandwiches or I could pay for the taxi, mmm mused dex (sidling towards the ship;) If you'd pay for the taxi itsme, I'll just takes poppy's stuff aboard (overboard more like;)...

Poppy rolled her eyes. 'Fat lot of good that's going to be! Here use my credit card, I guess most of the stuff's mine anyway. Mind how you go there Dex!! You nearly had my assorted collection of essential shoes and hats straight into the drink! I'd hate to have to push you in to retrieve them. It's mighty cold and you might catch a chill.' Poppy was ever thoughtful. With much heaving and huffing and puffing, Bertrand was pushed up the gangplank, he had an aversion for water and ...........

.....if I could just get my paws on a tin opener, I'd be the happiest feline in the world!'  Dex and Itsme, ever frugal, decided to share a room. It would be interesting to see who would out-snore who (or is it whom?) later in the night.  Tintaglia and Poppy had their own rooms, mainly because not a single thing more would fit in Poppy's room once all her travelling essentials were wedged in. She was now rifling through all her bags, trunks and boxes looking for her toothbrush. It was eventually found............

Nestled in among the many boxes of that female wellbeing staple, chocolate...And all because the lady loves milk tray, mused the popsicle thoughtfully. She looked at dex's BCF profile picture...hmmm she mused...was that a flicker of incipient romance or the inclination thereof?.....@fter all they had been sparring and jesting for ages on BCF...

It had always been one of Dex's fondest wishes; a long distance relationship. That's exactly what I need in my life, perhaps I could give Poppy a ring...

Edited by dex

....but dex, being a practical and a farsighted type of bloke, quickly dismissed the intrusive thought of a wedding ring. Dex realised she was in the next room on the ship named Back to Africa. To take a measured approach, he picked up his phone....and dialled....

Edited by itsmeagain

room service and ordered a large plate of sausage sandwiches and a beer each for him and Itsme. It gave him time to reflect on Poppy's many irritating habits and spendthrift ways. Imagine being encumbered with all the paraphernalia she insisted on dragging around with her??? His back gave a huge twinge just at the mere thought. He wiped the sweat off his brow and said, 'I've had a very lucky escape, Itsme mate! Let's celebrate!' With that they ........

sad songs on the jukebox. Itsme and Dex were in the middle of a very heartrending, if out-of-tune, rendition of 'Crying In Your Pretzels', when in burst Tintaglia and Poppy. 'What the *&^% are you two doing here??? The Back To Africa leaves port in half an hour!! Quick, we need to go NOW!!' Easier said than done, the boys had reached the stage where their limbs no longer wanted to cooperate.  'What can we do Tints?' wailed Poppy, 'We'll never manage both of them!' Just then, they spied Muggle having a quiet one in the corner (whiskey, that is ;) ) 'Muggle .....HELP ......

But little did Tinaglia and poppy know that muggle was in a Sad Mood  http://youtu.be/KY9Eb0tZZkA  and and then he bursted with the song "There's A Tear In My Beer" http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=theres+a+tear+in+my+beer&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=47C58224768796AC1CE047C58224768796AC1CE0 and now tinaglia and poppy had more problems on their hands and so they proceeded to..........

Edited by muggle not

Dex replied in those immortal words of his, 'Fashen rashen dashen mashen!', then he and Itsme stumbled into their cabins and weren't seen again for a full 24 hours. Poppy was a little concerned about leaving Muggle in such a gloomy, Eeyore mood, but before they left, she and Tints found a song on the jukebox to cheer him up. http://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM . Late next morning ....